Memory lane

Money, investing, mutuals etc
William Joseph1

Re: Memory lane

Post by William Joseph1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 am

Boro Boy wrote:Shows the power of selective advertising! How's about some more of that Richard??? After all we have just had the 8Millionth Transaction so worth using the overdraught to publicise that - isn't it?
What over-draught would that be?
How do you know whether Richard has an overdraft If he has why should he use it for imutual. imutual does not have an overdraft as far as I am aware.

Is the eighth millionth transaction any big issue, or something to crow about? How many transactions have TCB or Quidco produced in the same period? Given the size of their employee bases, I would have expected them to have produced many more.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

kevinchess1
Sharing: 5stars.png

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Imutual position on this is to stay away from paid advertising
It goes against our ethos
Thanked by: pakefield, blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:28 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:Shows the power of selective advertising! How's about some more of that Richard??? After all we have just had the 8Millionth Transaction so worth using the overdraught to publicise that - isn't it?
All members should be pushing the site, that is the best publicity as it a recommendation from a happy user not a company saying what it wants you to believe
I did a bit of (almost accidental) promoting on the MSE forum recently. I know at least one person signed up as a result. Others might have been encouraged to do so as well.

Every little helps. :)

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:09 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
What over-draught would that be?
How do you know whether Richard has an overdraft If he has why should he use it for imutual. imutual does not have an overdraft as far as I am aware.

Is the eighth millionth transaction any big issue, or something to crow about? How many transactions have TCB or Quidco produced in the same period? Given the size of their employee bases, I would have expected them to have produced many more.
Oh come on! I can't believe you take things so literally! In case you do, I will explain: I don't know the dealings of the iMutual Corporate Account. My comments about any overdraught were to place emphasis on the requirement (even at the cost of going into debt) for iMutual to advertise and acquire new members, especially as an "old advert" had helped quire a new member recently. :wtf:
Thanked by: blythburgh

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:41 am

blythburgh wrote:All members should be pushing the site....
It's pretty hard to make the case for IM when cashback rates for most retailers are less than at the big 2, particularly for the big cashback items like insurance, utilities and mobiles.
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 am

pabenny wrote:
It's pretty hard to make the case for IM when cashback rates for most retailers are less than at the big 2, particularly for the big cashback items like insurance, utilities and mobiles.

We are the only site to have a cashback guarantee and there is the money to be made from the daily clicks plus the forum. All things you can mention. And IM does not always pay less than the big two.

And as for going into debt to advertise: NO NO NO. I have belonged to too many sites that have gone belly up due to debt. At least I can trust Richard not to risk the site for possible gains
Thanked by: kevinchess1
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:42 am

pabenny wrote:

Catch 22 = more members and you get better rates! Better rates and you get more members...!!! Only at that stage will organic growth kick in to any great effect.

The initial push should come from the top...! :think:
Thanked by: kevinchess1

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:09 am

Boro Boy wrote:
pabenny wrote:

Catch 22 = more members and you get better rates! Better rates and you get more members...!!! Only at that stage will organic growth kick in to any great effect.

The initial push should come from the top...! :think:
We have grown this big by members refering people. I know I have got people to join and hopefully others who I told about without giving them my ref link.

And how did you come to be a member Boro Boy?

And changing the subject, congrats on being top of the table after 2 matches for Middlesbrough
Thanked by: Boro Boy, kevinchess1
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:32 am

blythburgh wrote: We have grown this big by members refering people. I know I have got people to join and hopefully others who I told about without giving them my ref link.

And how did you come to be a member Boro Boy?

And changing the subject, congrats on being top of the table after 2 matches for Middlesbrough

Do you know if the site is loosing members quicker than its getting new members? The site is aging and rates aren't the best and it's in desperate need of an upgrade but the catch 22 is that is unlikely to happen without new members to provide the finance - to break that cycle input from the company needs to occur...

Oh by-the-way I became a member from an advert of a similar website "Mutual.net" and that is a site which no longer exists!!!

Boro! :thumbup: (3 Matches)

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:24 am

My memory may be misleading me as I get older. But mutual.net ceased to exist long before this site came into existence I thought. Did it not morph into mutual points. mutual points was Incorporated on 7 February 2000 and although they have closed their website owing people lots of money is still active at Companies House with:

23 Oct 2017 Appointment of Mr Graham Charles Lilley as a director on 23 October 2017
03 Jan 2018 Confirmation statement made on 3 January 2018 with no updates
Last accounts made up to 31 December 2016
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.