Metro Bank

Money, investing, mutuals etc
macliam

Re: Metro Bank

Post by macliam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:48 pm

planteria wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:43 pm
i understand the frustration, but i suppose we have to be comfortable that banks are reluctant to change customer contract details without being very careful to ensure they get it right.
I agree - just wish it hadn't caught me out!! It's hard to see how they can run a high-street, 7-day op and keep their head above water, but I'm not looking to invest. Their products don't seem to offer much incentive - but probably on a par with other banks..... so as a secondary account they're fine.
rayf wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:56 pm
we have a local branch opening soon .....wonder what it'll be like :?
Go and check - the branch service was good (just that 35 miles away isn't exactly "local"). The phone service was good too - and when I emailed the branch manager to ensure I wasn't going on a wild goose chase, he replied really quickly. If there was one on my doorstep, they might even become my primary.....
Thanked by: rayf
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

AAAlphaThunder

Re: Metro Bank

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:12 pm

planteria wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:56 am
the Metro branch in Birmingham is under construction. they have a prime location so it'll be interesting to see how successful they are in a new big city.
I walked past it a few weeks ago and it looks futuristic. The kind of money to open shop in such a prime location with such a big area is eye watering. They must be confident that they will make it all back.
Thanked by: planteria
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club