Metro Bank

Money, investing, mutuals etc
planteria
Posts: 5202
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: Going down the Wednesbury Road
Has thanked: 419 times
Been thanked: 1565 times
Contact:

Re: Metro Bank

Post by planteria » Fri May 17, 2019 11:40 am

it's easy in hindsight, but there's been a real opportunity here.

Boro Boy
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1031 times
Been thanked: 2158 times
Contact:

Re: Metro Bank

Post by Boro Boy » Fri May 17, 2019 11:42 am

pabenny wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:29 am
Share price up 17% overnight after Metro Bank successfully raised additional capital.
:D

Any reason the investment club didn't react to this obvious opportunity?

pabenny
Posts: 1413
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 471 times
Been thanked: 1507 times
Contact:

Re: Metro Bank

Post by pabenny » Fri May 17, 2019 11:46 am

Did you propose it? I don't participate in the investment club, so rarely read those threads.

Boro Boy
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1031 times
Been thanked: 2158 times
Contact:

Re: Metro Bank

Post by Boro Boy » Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 pm

pabenny wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:46 am
Did you propose it? I don't participate in the investment club, so rarely read those threads.

I am not a member of the investment club but as it is part of iMutuals overall provisions to its members, I would wish it to be successful... and my comments on Metro Bank were because it seems to be a missed opportunity!

pabenny
Posts: 1413
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 471 times
Been thanked: 1507 times
Contact:

Re: Metro Bank

Post by pabenny » Fri May 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Fair enough. Investment clubs like that will always suffer from a slow decision making process which stops them taking advantage of opportunities like Metro.

Boro Boy
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1031 times
Been thanked: 2158 times
Contact:

Re: Metro Bank

Post by Boro Boy » Fri May 17, 2019 3:36 pm

pabenny wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:27 pm
Fair enough. Investment clubs like that will always suffer from a slow decision making process which stops them taking advantage of opportunities like Metro.
Personally I disagree; I would have thought a pre-agreed investment style and a nominated officer with investment powers over a small proportion of the total available investment pot should be capable of acting in an agile fashion for the benefit of total funds invested and the benefit of the club as a whole. So it is not being a club itself that holds the club back but the structure and regulations of the club and the members trust and outlook, I would have thought...!?! :wtf:

The Metro Bank issue seems to have been a missed opportunity for some and a great example of how the lack of agility can possibly be a regret.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24580
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 3541 times
Contact:

Re: Metro Bank

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri May 17, 2019 5:52 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:36 pm
pabenny wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:27 pm
Fair enough. Investment clubs like that will always suffer from a slow decision making process which stops them taking advantage of opportunities like Metro.
Personally I disagree; I would have thought a pre-agreed investment style and a nominated officer with investment powers over a small proportion of the total available investment pot should be capable of acting in an agile fashion for the benefit of total funds invested and the benefit of the club as a whole. So it is not being a club itself that holds the club back but the structure and regulations of the club and the members trust and outlook, I would have thought...!?! :wtf:

The Metro Bank issue seems to have been a missed opportunity for some and a great example of how the lack of agility can possibly be a regret.
Your analysis is excellent.

Today, we are a small investment club with modest cash and only one fund. In the future as we grow we will certainly be looking at a fund for "high-risk day trading".

Wish us luck?
Thanked by: Boro Boy
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1031 times
Been thanked: 2158 times
Contact:

Re: Metro Bank

Post by Boro Boy » Fri May 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Next, keep your eyes on Thomas Cook shares... :o

Boro Boy
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1031 times
Been thanked: 2158 times
Contact:

Re: Metro Bank

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 21, 2019 10:44 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:09 pm
Next, keep your eyes on Thomas Cook shares... :o
Mmm up almost 19% today!!! :thumbup:

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24580
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 3541 times
Contact:

Re: Metro Bank

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed May 22, 2019 7:06 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:44 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:09 pm
Next, keep your eyes on Thomas Cook shares... :o
Mmm up almost 19% today!!! :thumbup:
Well done you :thumbup:
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests