40 stores to close... (part 3)

Money, investing, mutuals etc
kevinchess1
Posts: 22465
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Sharing: 3stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12840 times
Been thanked: 16341 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:30 am

Has Jamie thought about going on ‘Kitchen nightmares?’
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh
Posts: 14678
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30719 times
Been thanked: 5958 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Post by blythburgh » Wed May 22, 2019 10:07 am

Very sad news, so many jobs lost. And give Oliver his due, he apparantly put millions of his own money into the chain to try and keep it going.

Never actually been to any of his places. But I do eat at an independent outlet at least once a week.
Thanked by: Dream on
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1
Posts: 11487
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2657 times
Been thanked: 6829 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Post by William Joseph1 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Topshop tycoon Sir Philip Green to close 23 stores
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48367379
Thanked by: blythburgh, Dream on
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

blythburgh
Posts: 14678
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30719 times
Been thanked: 5958 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Post by blythburgh » Thu May 23, 2019 10:02 am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:47 pm
Topshop tycoon Sir Philip Green to close 23 stores
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48367379
Mixed feelings. Great news that the odious Green is feeling the pinch. But my main feelings are sadness for the staff involved and their families. And of course when any listed business has problems it affects the companies that invest in them. You know, the ones that pay our private pensions etc.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

kevinchess1
Posts: 22465
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Sharing: 3stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12840 times
Been thanked: 16341 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:32 pm

More bad news for Jamie, the bay leafs are going in
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh
Posts: 14678
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30719 times
Been thanked: 5958 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Post by blythburgh » Fri May 24, 2019 10:25 am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:32 pm
More bad news for Jamie, the bay leafs are going in
Not bad news if he is making a tomato soup or sauce

The man from Beales was on the radio and said they put into each individual store what will sell there. A one shop for every town is just not the way to run a profitable shop
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33
Posts: 9750
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2409 times
Been thanked: 10232 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Post by expressman33 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:53 pm

200 Boots stores at risk of closure https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48435802
Thanked by: blythburgh, Dream on

William Joseph1
Posts: 11487
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2657 times
Been thanked: 6829 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Post by William Joseph1 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:10 pm

expressman33 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:53 pm
200 Boots stores at risk of closure https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48435802
Not surprised, can't remember the last time I went into a Boots or considered them. Always felt they were over priced and not in convenient places, I rarely go to a town centre which is where most of them are.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, Dream on
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

expressman33
Posts: 9750
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2409 times
Been thanked: 10232 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Post by expressman33 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:14 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:10 pm
expressman33 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:53 pm
200 Boots stores at risk of closure https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48435802
Not surprised, can't remember the last time I went into a Boots or considered them. Always felt they were over priced and not in convenient places, I rarely go to a town centre which is where most of them are.
the small ones based around the pharmacy are useful
Thanked by: blythburgh

William Joseph1
Posts: 11487
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2657 times
Been thanked: 6829 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Post by William Joseph1 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:16 pm

expressman33 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:14 pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:10 pm
expressman33 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:53 pm
200 Boots stores at risk of closure https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48435802
Not surprised, can't remember the last time I went into a Boots or considered them. Always felt they were over priced and not in convenient places, I rarely go to a town centre which is where most of them are.
the small ones based around the pharmacy are useful
As I say I have never found the need for them. But I accept we all have different needs and wants.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Dream on
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests