Apple Card

Money, investing, mutuals etc
blythburgh

Re: Apple Card

Post by blythburgh » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:20 am

I can remember a friend doing his "A" levels at the local college. At the time you got a grant for them. He did not have a bank account at the time so opened one and was given a credit card. A man in his 30's found himself with a big debt due to not managing his grant but using the CC like a debit card.

It is not just the young who can fall foul of a credit card. But I agree with Constantine's way of debt. Debt that does not acrue interest but enough accessible money to cover the debt which is earning interest. Now that is the way to use a credit card sensibly
Thanked by: axelandpixel
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

axelandpixel

Post by axelandpixel » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:54 pm

I got 2 credit cards and will be 3 soon. I never had to pay even once. I use it everywhere just like a debit card so all cashbacks add up. It's the smartest thing to spend for me. Never had a problem with it as I pay it full every single month via direct debit.

Credit cards are not for stupid people. Doesn't matter what age. It's not for stupids.
Thanked by: macliam, blythburgh

planteria

Post by planteria » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:00 pm

never had to pay? interest?

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:05 pm

axelandpixel wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:54 pm
I got 2 credit cards and will be 3 soon. I never had to pay even once. I use it everywhere just like a debit card so all cashbacks add up. It's the smartest thing to spend for me. Never had a problem with it as I pay it full every single month via direct debit.

Credit cards are not for stupid people. Doesn't matter what age. It's not for stupids.
IF (Big IF) you can stay on top of your usage, then a cashback CC is a great way to handle your money. The problem is...... few can.

I have ended up paying interest once or twice in the last 30-odd years - usually because I overlooked something. I have Direct debits set up to pay my cards now and religiously avoid using them to withdraw cash - so I really can't remember the last time I had an issue.
Thanked by: blythburgh, axelandpixel
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me