40 stores to close... (part 4)

Money, investing, mutuals etc
Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2011 times

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:30 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:00 am
They used to have HQ near us. Building had a huge and I mean huge clock on it. HQ moved and in the end the clock went elsewhere. A sad day and sad Hawkins Bazaar is going for the staff. Went into the shop in Castle Mall, Norwich many years ago and thought it was great but with no children to buy for left without buying anything. Too many like me sigh
...so its your fault!!! ;)

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 25677
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 3475 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:54 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:30 pm
blythburgh wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:00 am
They used to have HQ near us. Building had a huge and I mean huge clock on it. HQ moved and in the end the clock went elsewhere. A sad day and sad Hawkins Bazaar is going for the staff. Went into the shop in Castle Mall, Norwich many years ago and thought it was great but with no children to buy for left without buying anything. Too many like me sigh
...so its your fault!!! ;)
Boro Boy, and that's why you don't have any friends.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2011 times

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:43 pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:54 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:30 pm
blythburgh wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:00 am
They used to have HQ near us. Building had a huge and I mean huge clock on it. HQ moved and in the end the clock went elsewhere. A sad day and sad Hawkins Bazaar is going for the staff. Went into the shop in Castle Mall, Norwich many years ago and thought it was great but with no children to buy for left without buying anything. Too many like me sigh
...so its your fault!!! ;)
Boro Boy, and that's why you don't have any friends.
I have precisely one more friend that you AAA...!!! :wave:

blythburgh
Posts: 15514
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 28889 times
Been thanked: 5633 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by blythburgh » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:58 am

Boro Boy and Thunderetc both post stuff I find interesting or even helpful. And stuff I that has steam coming out of my ears.

And I bet I post stuff that has the same effect on everyone else here
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 25677
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 3475 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:14 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:43 pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:54 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:30 pm


...so its your fault!!! ;)
Boro Boy, and that's why you don't have any friends.
I have precisely one more friend that you AAA...!!! :wave:
In that case will you be my friend?
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2011 times

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:52 pm

It's the knock on effects of the high street closures that are the real worry: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51233448

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 25677
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 3475 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:05 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:52 pm
It's the knock on effects of the high street closures that are the real worry: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51233448
Indeed.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2011 times

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Putting some net figures to the situation: https://news.sky.com/story/nearly-10-00 ... g-11918988

expressman33
Posts: 10685
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2562 times
Been thanked: 9903 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by expressman33 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:25 pm
Putting some net figures to the situation: https://news.sky.com/story/nearly-10-00 ... g-11918988
Debenhams, Mothercare HMV and Morrisons are among the many brands cutting back as the retail sector continues to struggle.
but for Morrisons https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51223217
Morrisons is axing 3,000 management roles as part of a huge restructuring to create more shop floor jobs.
The firm says it is also creating 7,000 new hourly-paid roles at its 500 stores, meaning a net 4,000 new posts.
The new jobs will be in customer-facing roles, such as more butchers, bakers, fishmongers, the supermarket said.
Morrisons said the new roles will be a mixture of part and full time posts, but declined to reveal how the numbers will be split.

Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2011 times

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:25 pm

expressman33 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:52 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:25 pm
Putting some net figures to the situation: https://news.sky.com/story/nearly-10-00 ... g-11918988
Debenhams, Mothercare HMV and Morrisons are among the many brands cutting back as the retail sector continues to struggle.
but for Morrisons https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51223217
Morrisons is axing 3,000 management roles as part of a huge restructuring to create more shop floor jobs.
The firm says it is also creating 7,000 new hourly-paid roles at its 500 stores, meaning a net 4,000 new posts.
The new jobs will be in customer-facing roles, such as more butchers, bakers, fishmongers, the supermarket said.
Morrisons said the new roles will be a mixture of part and full time posts, but declined to reveal how the numbers will be split.
Putting some net figures to the situation: https://news.sky.com/story/nearly-10-00 ... g-11918988

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests