40 stores to close... (part 4)

Money, investing, mutuals etc
AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 25395
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 3400 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:47 pm

pabenny wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:15 pm
Brighthouse now actually gone into administration (no loss for anyone but the staff).
Carluccios also in administration
RIP.

RIP.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

blythburgh
Posts: 15412
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 28521 times
Been thanked: 5614 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by blythburgh » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:53 pm

pabenny wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:15 pm
Brighthouse now actually gone into administration (no loss for anyone but the staff).
Carluccios also in administration
Of course they charged mindboggling amounts for what they sold when you added all the payments together but for the poorest it was the only way to get stuff. For some the usual ways of buying are not available.

Sad for the staff and many of their customers
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy
Posts: 4950
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 974 times
Been thanked: 1969 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:36 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:53 pm
pabenny wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:15 pm
Brighthouse now actually gone into administration (no loss for anyone but the staff).
Carluccios also in administration
Of course they charged mindboggling amounts for what they sold when you added all the payments together but for the poorest it was the only way to get stuff. For some the usual ways of buying are not available.

Sad for the staff and many of their customers
… enjoyed many a pasta there...!!! :think:
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy
Posts: 4950
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 974 times
Been thanked: 1969 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:15 am

This isn't good news; apparently furloughing staff is the employers choice: https://www.kbbreview.com/28560/coronav ... its-sales/ :thumbdown:
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy
Posts: 4950
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 974 times
Been thanked: 1969 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:04 am

Thanked by: blythburgh

planteria
Posts: 5431
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: Going down the Wednesbury Road
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 1169 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by planteria » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:51 am

fwiw i think Debenhams will go altogether.

Richard Frost
Posts: 11013
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2317 times
Been thanked: 5280 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:58 am

planteria wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:51 am
fwiw i think Debenhams will go altogether.
No big loss.

fattulip74
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:51 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 72 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by fattulip74 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:35 am

Richard Frost wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:58 am
planteria wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:51 am
fwiw i think Debenhams will go altogether.
No big loss.
Apart from the 1,000's of job losses causing a deeper depression to the economy but hey that's ok as the stores are not to your personal taste. Terrible attitude
Thanked by: Boro Boy

Richard Frost
Posts: 11013
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2317 times
Been thanked: 5280 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:00 pm

fattulip74 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:35 am
Richard Frost wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:58 am
planteria wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:51 am
fwiw i think Debenhams will go altogether.
No big loss.
Apart from the 1,000's of job losses causing a deeper depression to the economy but hey that's ok as the stores are not to your personal taste. Terrible attitude
The fact that they and many other stores are having problems shows their current worth to shoppers in general. The fact is that many people just do not value them. They have to change and move with the times if they want to do better in the future.

Of course it is a great loss to the country and to those people who work for them if they go under but it is only speeding up the inevitable if they go now.

The High Street is changing and will continue to evolve. I have said before the unemployment levels were at their lowest levels for years before COVID. Where is all this unemployment from all the business that have gone bust in the last few years. The workforce seems to have magically been absorbed because it has never been reflected in the unemployment figures.
that's ok as the stores are not to your personal taste.
All views are personal ones on here you are very entitled to disagree if you so wish. I will respect yours as I expect you to respect mine.

Boro Boy
Posts: 4950
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 974 times
Been thanked: 1969 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:11 pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:00 pm
fattulip74 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:35 am
Richard Frost wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:58 am
No big loss.
Apart from the 1,000's of job losses causing a deeper depression to the economy but hey that's ok as the stores are not to your personal taste. Terrible attitude
The fact that they and many other stores are having problems shows their current worth to shoppers in general. The fact is that many people just do not value them. They have to change and move with the times if they want to do better in the future.

Of course it is a great loss to the country and to those people who work for them if they go under but it is only speeding up the inevitable if they go now.

The High Street is changing and will continue to evolve. I have said before the unemployment levels were at their lowest levels for years before COVID. Where is all this unemployment from all the business that have gone bust in the last few years. The workforce seems to have magically been absorbed because it has never been reflected in the unemployment figures.
that's ok as the stores are not to your personal taste.
All views are personal ones on here you are very entitled to disagree if you so wish. I will respect yours as I expect you to respect mine.
You would have done better to have not answered; instead you try and defend your ignorant comment, which is just a big embarrassment! Richard Frost/William Joseph1 no big loss...!

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests