Don't fall for the marketing...

Money, investing, mutuals etc
Boro Boy
Posts: 4652
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 902 times
Been thanked: 1812 times
Contact:

Re: Don't fall for the marketing...

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:52 am

parchedpeas wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:10 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:33 am
blythburgh wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:19 am


The rich hard right wing who can make even more money if we leave the EU. They want to weaken the rights of the workers, gamble of the value of the pound on the foreign exchanges, get more privatisation in the NHS.
How do you substantiate these claims? Or is it you just doing a bit of disruption marketing? :wtf:
I find using your eyes helps.
Can you see any facts to substantiate these claims or are you just falling for the marketing...?

blythburgh
Posts: 15160
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 27770 times
Been thanked: 5536 times
Contact:

Re: Don't fall for the marketing...

Post by blythburgh » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:32 am

Read/listen to/watch something other than the right wing stuff gives you a more rounded and far better informed idea of what is happening in the world.

I am so grateful that i was brought up to read the Telegraph and the Mirror at a time when people like Cassandra and Vicky worked for them. I got a right wing view and a left wing view and then had to make up my own mind
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy
Posts: 4652
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 902 times
Been thanked: 1812 times
Contact:

Re: Don't fall for the marketing...

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:42 am

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:32 am
Read/listen to/watch something other than the right wing stuff gives you a more rounded and far better informed idea of what is happening in the world.

I am so grateful that i was brought up to read the Telegraph and the Mirror at a time when people like Cassandra and Vicky worked for them. I got a right wing view and a left wing view and then had to make up my own mind
That is just hearsay and marketing, what facts do you base your views on? :think:

blythburgh
Posts: 15160
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 27770 times
Been thanked: 5536 times
Contact:

Re: Don't fall for the marketing...

Post by blythburgh » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:43 am

I thought "VIcky" how much do I know about him (I assumed it was a him). Went to wiki so know far more now and also found on the net amongst images for him a picture of Churchill striding over the Houses of Parliament.

He could not have drawn that one about May or Johnson
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy
Posts: 4652
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 902 times
Been thanked: 1812 times
Contact:

Re: Don't fall for the marketing...

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:36 am

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:43 am
I thought "VIcky" how much do I know about him (I assumed it was a him). Went to wiki so know far more now and also found on the net amongst images for him a picture of Churchill striding over the Houses of Parliament.

He could not have drawn that one about May or Johnson
Forgive me I don't know if you are even English or it is your second language but what you are saying is not linked to the above, doesn't answer the question and is totally incomprehensible! Is it some sort of Norfolk dialect or did you just have a hard night last night? :wtf:

pakefield
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:35 pm
Has thanked: 681 times
Been thanked: 167 times
Contact:

Re: Don't fall for the marketing...

Post by pakefield » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:33 pm

repeat
Last edited by pakefield on Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pakefield
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:35 pm
Has thanked: 681 times
Been thanked: 167 times
Contact:

Re: Don't fall for the marketing...

Post by pakefield » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:34 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:36 am
blythburgh wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:43 am
I thought "VIcky" how much do I know about him (I assumed it was a him). Went to wiki so know far more now and also found on the net amongst images for him a picture of Churchill striding over the Houses of Parliament.

He could not have drawn that one about May or Johnson
Forgive me I don't know if you are even English or it is your second language but what you are saying is not linked to the above, doesn't answer the question and is totally incomprehensible! Is it some sort of Norfolk dialect or did you just have a hard night last night? :wtf:
:shock: You are a braver man than me

kevinchess1
Posts: 22390
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 11328 times
Been thanked: 15541 times
Contact:

Re: Don't fall for the marketing...

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Sarah wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:19 am
I can think of a recent example where 17.4 million people were persuaded ...
And there you have it, in a single sentence, the thinking of your average 'Rabid Remoaner' EVERYONE who voted to Leave is an idiot. Such arrogance and condescension.
I mean, there wasn't a single Leave voted who looked at both sides of the argument and after careful thought and reflection, decide we might be better off out. Nope not a single one. None of them thought 'Well we been a big player in the world for 200 years maybe we should step back and let them ghet on with it No one thought 'Our fathers and grandfathers fought and died to prevent an European super state, are we now saying they died in vain?'
Nope not a single one of them they all believe the 'lies-on-a-bus'
It was a good job we had George Osbourne Doom and gloom forecast to guide us,,, except he got everything wrong. 'Stock market collapse; Nope share price are higher noew than then 'Mortgagaes to go up' Nope mortgages went down 'Massive unemployment' nope unemployment at record lows and so on Our George sold us more Whoppers than a well know burger company and no one no one ever mentions it
If you can bear to get in an argument with a Rabid Remoaner, they have 2 conflicting answers that they trot out to every statement 'Thomas Cook collapse? 'Brexit ' Pensioners paying for TV licences 'Brexit' England get beaten by Croatia in the world cup 'Definitely Brexit'
But when you point out how well the economy is doing or record employment levels or winning the Cricket world cup they say ;Yeah but Brexit ain't happen yet you just wait n see how awful it's gonna be' So which is it?
Politically incorrect since 69

Sarah
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 am
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 2060 times
Contact:

Re: Don't fall for the marketing...

Post by Sarah » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:54 pm

You're projecting, I haven't said all those things. Who would defend George Osborne? No, thanks.

What's your point - are you claiming that Boris Johnson habitually lying and repeating slogans isn't working? It clearly is!

macliam
Posts: 8415
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1341 times
Been thanked: 6640 times
Contact:

Re: Don't fall for the marketing...

Post by macliam » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:49 pm

Interesting that an opener about marketing ends up in a slanging match about Brexit. :roll:

Ralph Waldo Emerson is often misquoted as saying "Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door" (he didn't...) however, the marketeer will tell you that the real truth is "Build a better path and you'll sell more mousetraps".......

As someone who was involved in the "black art", I can tell you that, like most things, there is a good side and a bad side to it. On the plus side, the idea of creating products that people want to buy is useful - on the dark side, persuading them they need something that they don't is not so great, apart from driving up sales.

As a marketing manager for technical services, my job was to create "packages" that addressed a customer need and sell them at a price that was good for us - or, in some cases, sell them at a reduced cost but enable us to utilise our fixed resource better. The difference between me and a salesman was that the latter often "sold" services we didn't offer.... a bit like the promises others are commenting on here.

Simple questions rarely exist and simple answers less so....
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests