New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Money, investing, mutuals etc
planteria
Posts: 5508
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 355 times
Been thanked: 1196 times
Contact:

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by planteria » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:55 am

me too. i've not seen one. mind you, i don't handle much cash.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

blythburgh
Posts: 15692
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 29225 times
Been thanked: 5670 times
Contact:

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by blythburgh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:50 am

I have handled more than one. Before this week I was going to the corner shop with 8 £5 notes and taking the two £20 notes into the box to get more fivers.

Started doing this when a student who worked there at the weekends said how hard it was on a Sunday when so many people came in with £20 notes and complained about the way they got their change.

Last Monday we went to the independent cafe for lunch as usual but did not go round the town as usual but straight to Tesco. And because they are have built a large new office block near the shop and now are knocking down the old office block (originally a hotel but that was many, many years ago). So I am banned from the corner shop as so many people from far and wide are using it.

I hate not using the corner shop but for health reasons we cannot take any more risks than we have to
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Markcity
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:06 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 52 times
Contact:

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by Markcity » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:51 am

I saw one for the first time on Friday although it wasn't mine (sadly) so I didn't get to touch or look at it; although as kevinchess1 suggests, its probably just as well that I didn't touch it! I did once hear that 90% of old paper bank notes would test positive for cocaine!
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 15692
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 29225 times
Been thanked: 5670 times
Contact:

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by blythburgh » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:06 am

I have touched notes that would test positive for cocaine I am sure. Sadly not enough to give me a high but then again I never sniffed them :lol:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam
Posts: 9068
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1399 times
Been thanked: 7302 times
Contact:

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by macliam » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:18 am

I saw one on Friday. Smaller than the old one, seemed slightly more textured than the £5 or £10 and the clear window is prominent. Very plastic and a good deterrent to using cash.

Bring back the sovereign!!
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh
Posts: 15692
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 29225 times
Been thanked: 5670 times
Contact:

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by blythburgh » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:41 am

macliam wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:18 am
Bring back the sovereign!!
Too late to buy any old ones now as the thunderbox has cornered the market. Yes I do know some Aussie slang and it seems appropriate for one member of the forum.

Some members post about brexit, global warming etc and disagree violently with the opinions expressed but feel they are entitled to their views. But one person is posting such sickening stuff about his behaviour I feel I have to use a nickname for him.

Or is he really a saddo with no family, no partner and living on the state? thunderbox will say not me of course but....
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26101
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 3554 times
Contact:

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:39 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:41 am
macliam wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:18 am
Bring back the sovereign!!
Too late to buy any old ones now as the thunderbox has cornered the market. Yes I do know some Aussie slang and it seems appropriate for one member of the forum.

Some members post about brexit, global warming etc and disagree violently with the opinions expressed but feel they are entitled to their views. But one person is posting such sickening stuff about his behaviour I feel I have to use a nickname for him.

Or is he really a saddo with no family, no partner and living on the state? thunderbox will say not me of course but....
Dinner for two, me and you and you will be sure by the morning.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

pakefield
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:35 pm
Has thanked: 805 times
Been thanked: 179 times
Contact:

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by pakefield » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:39 pm
blythburgh wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:41 am
Too late to buy any old ones now as the thunderbox has cornered the market. Yes I do know some Aussie slang and it seems appropriate for one member of the forum.

Some members post about brexit, global warming etc and disagree violently with the opinions expressed but feel they are entitled to their views. But one person is posting such sickening stuff about his behaviour I feel I have to use a nickname for him.

Or is he really a saddo with no family, no partner and living on the state? thunderbox will say not me of course but....
Dinner for two, me and you and you will be sure by the morning.
[/quote]

Why would she want to when she has a real man in me???
Thanked by: Richard Frost

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26101
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 3554 times
Contact:

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:13 am

pakefield wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:39 pm
blythburgh wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:41 am
Too late to buy any old ones now as the thunderbox has cornered the market. Yes I do know some Aussie slang and it seems appropriate for one member of the forum.

Some members post about brexit, global warming etc and disagree violently with the opinions expressed but feel they are entitled to their views. But one person is posting such sickening stuff about his behaviour I feel I have to use a nickname for him.

Or is he really a saddo with no family, no partner and living on the state? thunderbox will say not me of course but....
Dinner for two, me and you and you will be sure by the morning.
Why would she want to when she has a real man in me???
[/quote]

Because I am AAAlphaThunder and you are not.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

blythburgh
Posts: 15692
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 29225 times
Been thanked: 5670 times
Contact:

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by blythburgh » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:34 am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:13 am
Because I am AAAlphaThunder and you are not.
No you are an AAAThunderbox and I am a very choosy lady who expects high standards in those I even go out with (well I did when I was single and would now if I was single again)
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest