New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Money, investing, mutuals etc
planteria

Re: New £20 note out tomorrow ( 20th Feb )

Post by planteria » Sun Mar 22 2020 7:55am

me too. i've not seen one. mind you, i don't handle much cash.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Mar 22 2020 9:50am

I have handled more than one. Before this week I was going to the corner shop with 8 £5 notes and taking the two £20 notes into the box to get more fivers.

Started doing this when a student who worked there at the weekends said how hard it was on a Sunday when so many people came in with £20 notes and complained about the way they got their change.

Last Monday we went to the independent cafe for lunch as usual but did not go round the town as usual but straight to Tesco. And because they are have built a large new office block near the shop and now are knocking down the old office block (originally a hotel but that was many, many years ago). So I am banned from the corner shop as so many people from far and wide are using it.

I hate not using the corner shop but for health reasons we cannot take any more risks than we have to
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Markcity

Post by Markcity » Mon Mar 23 2020 9:51am

I saw one for the first time on Friday although it wasn't mine (sadly) so I didn't get to touch or look at it; although as kevinchess1 suggests, its probably just as well that I didn't touch it! I did once hear that 90% of old paper bank notes would test positive for cocaine!
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Mar 23 2020 10:06am

I have touched notes that would test positive for cocaine I am sure. Sadly not enough to give me a high but then again I never sniffed them :lol:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Mar 23 2020 10:18am

I saw one on Friday. Smaller than the old one, seemed slightly more textured than the £5 or £10 and the clear window is prominent. Very plastic and a good deterrent to using cash.

Bring back the sovereign!!
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Mar 23 2020 10:41am

macliam wrote:
Mon Mar 23 2020 10:18am
Too late to buy any old ones now as the thunderbox has cornered the market. Yes I do know some Aussie slang and it seems appropriate for one member of the forum.

Some members post about brexit, global warming etc and disagree violently with the opinions expressed but feel they are entitled to their views. But one person is posting such sickening stuff about his behaviour I feel I have to use a nickname for him.

Or is he really a saddo with no family, no partner and living on the state? thunderbox will say not me of course but....

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Mar 23 2020 3:39pm

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Mar 23 2020 10:41am
macliam wrote:
Mon Mar 23 2020 10:18am
Too late to buy any old ones now as the thunderbox has cornered the market. Yes I do know some Aussie slang and it seems appropriate for one member of the forum.

Some members post about brexit, global warming etc and disagree violently with the opinions expressed but feel they are entitled to their views. But one person is posting such sickening stuff about his behaviour I feel I have to use a nickname for him.

Or is he really a saddo with no family, no partner and living on the state? thunderbox will say not me of course but....
Dinner for two, me and you and you will be sure by the morning.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

pakefield

Post by pakefield » Tue Mar 24 2020 6:32pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Mon Mar 23 2020 3:39pm
blythburgh wrote:

[/quote]

Why would she want to when she has a real man in me???
Thanked by: Richard Frost

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Mar 25 2020 9:13am

pakefield wrote:
Tue Mar 24 2020 6:32pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Mon Mar 23 2020 3:39pm
blythburgh wrote:

Why would she want to when she has a real man in me???
[/quote]

Because I am AAAlphaThunder and you are not.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Mar 25 2020 9:34am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Wed Mar 25 2020 9:13am
Because I am AAAlphaThunder and you are not.
No you are an AAAThunderbox and I am a very choosy lady who expects high standards in those I even go out with (well I did when I was single and would now if I was single again)