Sarah

Re: Technology Companies overbought?

Post by Sarah » Fri Mar 13 2020 12:06pm

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Mar 13 2020 2:06pm

planteria wrote:
Fri Mar 13 2020 11:02am
maybe.. but i think they'll be significantly higher in, for example, a years time than they are today.
My sense is that market valuations of many tech businesses are driven by fomo and are not justified by the underlying fundamentals. The current sharp falls may cause a reassessment of value and whilst some tech stocks will bounce back over time, I think prices will be less frothy.

That said, I'm not an active investor, so I don't really care much about the performance of individual shares.
Thanked by: planteria

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Mar 13 2020 2:19pm

pabenny wrote:
Fri Mar 13 2020 2:06pm
planteria wrote:
Fri Mar 13 2020 11:02am
maybe.. but i think they'll be significantly higher in, for example, a years time than they are today.
My sense is that market valuations of many tech businesses are driven by fomo and are not justified by the underlying fundamentals. The current sharp falls may cause a reassessment of value and whilst some tech stocks will bounce back over time, I think prices will be less frothy.

That said, I'm not an active investor, so I don't really care much about the performance of individual shares.
It does have an effect on your life as you most likely have a pension and they will very probably be invested, at whatever percentage, in technology shares.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Mar 13 2020 4:25pm

Of course. That's why I said don't care much rather than don't care at all.

planteria

Post by planteria » Sat Mar 14 2020 7:52am

pabenny wrote:
Fri Mar 13 2020 2:06pm
interesting points.. i'm broadly happy in that Amazon continue to grow as a retailer, with other branches to the business too, and Alphabet dominates search, video uploads and wil continue to become a more important method to reach customers. i do think that the Coronavirus volatility is set to shake out weaker companies: picking those that will bounce back from being oversold, along with in theory shorting the ones who could drop much lower, represent a real opportunity.