DVLA launches online service to change address on V5C vehicle log book

Money, investing, mutuals etc
expressman33
Posts: 10681
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2562 times
Been thanked: 9900 times
Contact:

DVLA launches online service to change address on V5C vehicle log book

Post by expressman33 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:47 am

Motorists who need to change the address on their V5C vehicle log book can now go online to update their details, rather than sending the paper form back to Swansea.

The DVLA says this cuts the time to receive a new log book from six weeks to five days.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/dvla-launches ... orozF6Q14Y
Thanked by: pakefield, kevinchess1

pakefield
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:35 pm
Has thanked: 758 times
Been thanked: 173 times
Contact:

Re: DVLA launches online service to change address on V5C vehicle log book

Post by pakefield » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:52 am

Good news for some

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 25663
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 3472 times
Contact:

Re: DVLA launches online service to change address on V5C vehicle log book

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:58 pm

Well done DVLA.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

kevinchess1
Posts: 22769
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 11745 times
Been thanked: 15964 times
Contact:

Re: DVLA launches online service to change address on V5C vehicle log book

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 pm

I'm surprised they were not doing this all ready, in fact, I don't see the need for a paper Log book anymore really.
Politically incorrect since 69

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 25663
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 3472 times
Contact:

Re: DVLA launches online service to change address on V5C vehicle log book

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 pm
I'm surprised they were not doing this all ready, in fact, I don't see the need for a paper Log book anymore really.
It's nice to have a piece of paper confirming ownership.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Richard Frost
Posts: 11147
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2374 times
Been thanked: 5378 times
Contact:

Re: DVLA launches online service to change address on V5C vehicle log book

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:50 pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 pm
kevinchess1 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 pm
I'm surprised they were not doing this all ready, in fact, I don't see the need for a paper Log book anymore really.
It's nice to have a piece of paper confirming ownership.
But it does not confirm ownership, does it? It just confirms that you are the registered keeper.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 25663
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 3472 times
Contact:

Re: DVLA launches online service to change address on V5C vehicle log book

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:50 pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 pm
kevinchess1 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 pm
I'm surprised they were not doing this all ready, in fact, I don't see the need for a paper Log book anymore really.
It's nice to have a piece of paper confirming ownership.
But it does not confirm ownership, does it? It just confirms that you are the registered keeper.
My mistake. Yes, you are right.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

macliam
Posts: 8824
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1384 times
Been thanked: 7116 times
Contact:

Re: DVLA launches online service to change address on V5C vehicle log book

Post by macliam » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:04 pm

I'm sure someone will be able to link this to COVID-19 soon...... the electrons from the site lower your resistance to the virus or something.

After all, it's well known that listening to Radio4 increases the risk of infection.... after all, many pensioners listen to Radio4 and statistics show the over 70s to be most liable to serious infection. So, ipso facto, it's Radio4 causing it. Stands to reason, dunnit?!!
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

kevinchess1
Posts: 22769
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 11745 times
Been thanked: 15964 times
Contact:

Re: DVLA launches online service to change address on V5C vehicle log book

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:07 am

macliam wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:04 pm
I'm sure someone will be able to link this to COVID-19 soon...... the electrons from the site lower your resistance to the virus or something.

After all, it's well known that listening to Radio4 increases the risk of infection.... after all, many pensioners listen to Radio4 and statistics show the over 70s to be most liable to serious infection. So, ipso facto, it's Radio4 causing it. Stands to reason, dunnit?!!
Also voting for Brexit :shock:
Many Pensioners voted for Brexit and there more at risk from COVID19

Who says 'there's no god' :D

#PakefieldsLaw
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest