Nectar / Avios

Money, investing, mutuals etc
planteria

Nectar / Avios

Post by planteria » Mon Feb 08 2021 9:27pm

anyone here collecting Nectar or Avios via credit card spending?

keep seeing reference to the link up between Nectar and British Airways.. we can now move Nectar to Avios and vice versa, apparently, although they seem to assome N>A is the most likely transfer.
i'm looking to go the other way.. there's a bonus to move N>A, so anyone know if we can do that, take the bonus, then move back into Necter points?
Thanked by: blythburgh

pabenny

Re: Nectar / Avios

Post by pabenny » Tue Feb 09 2021 7:46am

You can take the bonus and move back - but I think there is a waiting period.

For collectors of airline and travel loyalty points, Headforpoints.com is an excellent resource for news and information.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Tue Feb 09 2021 9:13am

I've been considering this too, although now that the maximum Nectar Double Up is only £100, I can exceed that through Sainsbury's shopping anyway, so not sure what to do with additional points.
Thanked by: tonyg, blythburgh

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Tue Feb 09 2021 9:25am

Sarah wrote:
Tue Feb 09 2021 9:13am
I've been considering this too, although now that the maximum Nectar Double Up is only £100, I can exceed that through Sainsbury's shopping anyway, so not sure what to do with additional points.
Can you not get other members of your family onto your nectar account then each of them can get double up. :)
Thanked by: blythburgh

planteria

Post by planteria » Tue Feb 09 2021 10:21am

additional nectar points are free shopping at Sainsbury's..

know what the waiting period that pab mentions is, anyone?

i have Avios from Shell, and maybe elsewhere.. i don't anticipate flying with BA anytime soon.
Last edited by planteria on Sun Apr 04 2021 5:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Tue Feb 09 2021 11:31am

MSE article
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... ip-launch/

The conversion rate 400 Nectar <--> 250 Avios is the same in both directions, so seems there's nothing to lose!

Okay... done, 1600 Nectar immediately converted to 1000 Avios. Now awaiting the 500 point bonus, within 28 days of the offer closing date (14 February). The waiting period means that you forfeit the bonus if you reverse the transaction during the promotion.
Terms and conditions

Get 500 bonus Avios when you convert at least 1,600 Nectar points into Avios (worth 1,000 Avios) from 25 January 2021 to 14 February 2021 inclusive (the “Launch Period”); & Get Double Nectar points when shopping at Sainsbury’s from your date of conversion up to and including 19 April 2021 when you convert your Nectar points into Avios during the Launch Period.

To be eligible for this offer, Customers must be at least 18 years old and be either a member of British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) and a Nectar account holder (“Eligible Participants” or in the singular, an "Eligible Participant”). Eligible Participants must link their BAEC account to a Nectar account or their Nectar account to a BAEC account, in order to convert their Avios into Nectar points or their Nectar points into Avios.
A minimum of 400 Nectar points are required to make a conversion into Avios. Nectar points can only be converted into Avios in increments of 400 Nectar points. Eligible Customers will accrue 250 Avios for every 400 Nectar points converted.
To be eligible for 500 Bonus Avios Eligible Participants must convert at least 1,600 Nectar points into Avios in one single manual or auto-opt-in conversion within a period of three weeks from 25 January 2021 up to and including 14 February 2021 (the “Bonus Avios Qualifying Period”).
Only the first conversion of Nectar points to Avios credited to a BAEC account from a unique Nectar account is eligible for the bonus. Points converted from the same Nectar account to the same or additional BAEC accounts after the first link will not be eligible for the 500 bonus Avios.
Eligible participants will only receive the 500 Bonus Avios if, at the end of the qualifying period, the qualifying transaction has not been reversed.
Participants will not be eligible for the 500 Bonus Avios in the following scenarios: the BAEC account has previously received a bonus in the Bonus Avios Qualifying Period; the Nectar account has previously received a transfer from any BAEC account in the Bonus Avios Qualifying Period; the Nectar account has previously transferred an amount that was eligible for a bonus to any BAEC account; or the Nectar account has been merged with another Nectar account that had previously received a transfer.
The 500 Bonus Avios will be credited to the Eligible Participant’s BAEC account within 28 days after the Bonus Avios Qualifying Period.
Eligible Participants who convert at least 1,600 Nectar points into Avios in one single manual or auto-opt-in conversion within the Bonus Avios Qualifying Period will be eligible to get double Nectar points on eligible spend when shopping at Sainsbury’s between their conversion date and up to and including 19 April 2021. Minimum £1 spend and Nectar swipe required. Offer applies in-store and groceries online. Online orders must be delivered on or before 19 April 2021. Delivery charges apply. Double Nectar points applies to base points only and not to bonus Nectar offers. Excludes Argos, Bank, in-store concessions and third party Sainsbury’s concessions. Standard Nectar exclusions apply. See Nectar.com for details. Only one offer per Nectar account.
The double Nectar points will be credited to Eligible Participant’s Nectar account within 28 days of 19 April 2021.
Eligible participants will only receive the double Nectar points if, at the end of The Bonus Avios Qualifying period, the qualifying transaction has not been reversed.
Avios are issued by and redeemed with Avios Group (AGL) Limited in accordance with Avios terms and conditions. For full details please visit www.britishairways.com/avios.
Once Avios are converted to Nectar points, they will be awarded in the Eligible Customer’s Nectar account, Nectar terms and conditions apply. Nectar points are issued and redeemed in accordance with Nectar terms and conditions.
British Airways is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access to this promotion or these Terms and Conditions via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to this promotion misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the promotion.
British Airways reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond British Airways' control.
British Airways’ failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
The Promoter is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB, England. Registered No. 1777777. And Nectar 360 Limited, a company incorporated in England with registered number 4224736 whose registered office is at 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT.
British Airways PLC reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions.
Any personal information you supply will be used by British Airways PLC in accordance with its Privacy Policy, by Nectar in accordance with its Privacy Policy and by Avios Group (AGL) Limited in accordance with its Privacy Policy.
When linking your accounts your personal data will be shared between British Airways PLC, Avios Group (AGL) Limited and Nectar to facilitate the transfer of Avios and / or Nectar points and for marketing and analytical purposes. To find out more about the personal information shared as part of this promotional partnership please visit joint Privacy Statement.
Thanked by: planteria

planteria

Post by planteria » Tue Feb 09 2021 11:52pm

Sarah wrote:
Tue Feb 09 2021 11:31am
Okay... done, 1600 Nectar immediately converted to 1000 Avios.
yep. me too. i'll convert back when it's possible to do so.. perhaps we'll remind each other here.

so 1600 NPs are worth £8, and we can transfer back with a 50% uplift, so turning £8 into £12, right?

with Shell's loyalty changes i don't use them, and i don't think i'm bagging Avios by any other method.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Tue Feb 09 2021 11:58pm

Yes, nominally 1600 Nectar points are worth £8.

Obviously twice that value with the Double Up promotion, which is usually the only time I redeem them, but shouldn't really be relied upon. I've never redeemed any Avios despite collecting miscellaneous amounts of them for nearly 30 years!

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Wed Feb 10 2021 7:17am

planteria wrote:
Tue Feb 09 2021 11:52pm
so 1600 NPs are worth £8, and we can transfer back with a 50% uplift, so turning £8 into £12, right?
Only the one-time 500 avios bonus for conversion.
Making the initial conversion will, however, mean you get double base points on your Sainsbury spend until mid-April.

planteria

Post by planteria » Wed Feb 10 2021 10:09am

i was kind of hanging on until last November to be able to spend Nectar at Sainsbury's at a better rate.. but then didn't get to it. not sure if the promo kicked in or not.
pabenny wrote:
Wed Feb 10 2021 7:17am
Making the initial conversion will, however, mean you get double base points on your Sainsbury spend until mid-April.
so we get a points gathering uplift at Sainsbury's, having converted some nectar to avios?

fwiw i shop more at Morrisons and at Tesco/Co-ops and 'Er Indoors shops at Tesco and an african supermarket.