Congratulations to iMutual...!!!

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
pabenny

Re: Congratulations to iMutual...!!!

Post by pabenny » Fri Aug 16 2019 8:30pm

I don't disagree with you, Mr Joseph. The shares are sideshow (and I'm glad we're back on topic).

For the user, IM is not much different to rpoints 10-15 years ago - only with few new deals (we all go to HUKD for those) and fewer forum posters.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri Aug 16 2019 11:47pm

On topic, huh? How long can that last? :wave:
kevinchess1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14 2019 8:11pm
Shock horror Bit like all the doomsayers who said that a vote for Brexit would be a disaster, WRONG
Or not WRONG; if you prefer fact to fantasy. :roll:
Thanked by: parchedpeas, blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Aug 17 2019 10:27am

It is in our hands to get people to sign up and to encourage them (if we know them) to stay and be active
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Sat Aug 17 2019 12:34pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Aug 17 2019 10:27am
It is in our hands to get people to sign up and to encourage them (if we know them) to stay and be active
This was and has always been the plan, but there are obviously limits to the point this can reach and I'd suggest with growth slowing, we are already there.

The fundamentals of the site are fine, but its up against stiff opposition both in the form of TCB and Quidditch, and in terms of HUKD. Both are much more modern in feel, have bigger reach already and so are more likely to attract new adopters and genuinely offer something useful.

I'm sure there is a business to be made from combining an HUKD-style site with Cashback, but the forum software here is ancient and we have no way of upvoting / downvoting the best posts so the dross can disappear and the cream can rise to the top.

There is lots of good here still, but the reality is that this version of the site has probably gone as far as it can go and without a reimagining and some form of marketing it will remain where it is: ticking over, providing an income for a few people and giving us all some extra pennies to spend but slowly getting eclipsed by sites with more functionality that attract more engaged and proactive users. It's really up to Richard what he wants to do next, either way I wish him all the best with it.
Thanked by: blythburgh

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Aug 17 2019 3:14pm

blythburgh wrote:
I know a few are very loyal to IM. But with lower cashback rates than the Big2, why would anybody want to? The few reasons that do exist aren't enough to offset lower cashback rates.

I think we should be asking whether IM actually has a future or whether it is already the Friends Reunited of the cashback world.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud, blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Aug 17 2019 5:20pm

Use the assets you have...

A massive reorganisation of the merchant search to make it easier to locate a merchant and what they supply as well as a re-jig of the Merchant of the Week to advertise some of the lesser known/used merchants...

A step forward with not too much expense and a positive result - but as earlier said, this will have little permanent results without further enhancements... (but a start!). :thumbup:

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sat Aug 17 2019 5:44pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Sat Aug 17 2019 12:34pm
blythburgh wrote:
This was and has always been the plan, but there are obviously limits to the point this can reach and I'd suggest with growth slowing, we are already there.

The fundamentals of the site are fine, but its up against stiff opposition both in the form of TCB and Quidditch, and in terms of HUKD. Both are much more modern in feel, have bigger reach already and so are more likely to attract new adopters and genuinely offer something useful.

I'm sure there is a business to be made from combining an HUKD-style site with Cashback, but the forum software here is ancient and we have no way of upvoting / downvoting the best posts so the dross can disappear and the cream can rise to the top.

There is lots of good here still, but the reality is that this version of the site has probably gone as far as it can go and without a reimagining and some form of marketing it will remain where it is: ticking over, providing an income for a few people and giving us all some extra pennies to spend but slowly getting eclipsed by sites with more functionality that attract more engaged and proactive users. It's really up to Richard what he wants to do next, either way I wish him all the best with it.
Over to you Richard...
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sun Aug 18 2019 9:14am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Aug 17 2019 5:20pm
Use the assets you have...
Could that be rearranging the deckchairs?

It's credit to Richard's original development that the site needs little day to day maintenance. It was the 2016 AGM when Richard talked of returning 'soon' to give IM more focus. The background maintenance is undoubtedly important. Yet here we are, more than 2 years later and there are few visible changes.

Without the Travel Supermarket bonanaza and the number of daily clicks shrinking, is IM generating enough income to sustain the business, let alone grow it? My guess is not. So the question is what should IM be doing now?
Last edited by pabenny on Sun Aug 18 2019 9:24am, edited 1 time in total.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sun Aug 18 2019 9:21am

I would also commend Mr Boro Boy on his continued agitation in this area. Whilst I don't always agree with his suggestions, he is vigorous at keeping the future of IM to the fore. This is in marked contrast to the management who seem complacent (see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79900&p=199961&hilit=dying#p200085) to the point of neglect.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Boro Boy

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Aug 18 2019 9:27am

I am not sure Richard is complacent and I agree nothing seems to have happened since Richard came back full time. He says he is working hard on stuff we cannot see and I accept that he needs to do the foundation work first. But I hope the building we can see will soon become apparent but I do accept that the building needs to be built on rock not sand
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler