Congratulations to iMutual...!!!

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
pabenny

Re: Congratulations to iMutual...!!!

Post by pabenny » Sun Aug 18 2019 10:39am

"Working hard on stuff we cannot see" may be true. Or it may just be a convenient way of concealing that nothing else is happening.

Two years ago I started a thread called 'slowly dying'. Richard's response (linked above) was to call it plateauing. The only metric available is monthly new members, which consistently averages 40-50 a month. Meanwhile, TCB gained 1.4 million in the most recent year available. At that rate, IM is plateauing into insignificance.

If not complacency, any alternative descriptions?
Thanked by: blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Aug 18 2019 5:10pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sun Aug 18 2019 9:27am
I am not sure Richard is complacent and I agree nothing seems to have happened since Richard came back full time. He says he is working hard on stuff we cannot see and I accept that he needs to do the foundation work first. But I hope the building we can see will soon become apparent but I do accept that the building needs to be built on rock not sand
Nothing wrong with sand as long as you spread the weight over a large surface area.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Aug 19 2019 12:30am

pabenny wrote:
Sun Aug 18 2019 9:14am
Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Aug 17 2019 5:20pm
Use the assets you have...
Could that be rearranging the deckchairs?

It's credit to Richard's original development that the site needs little day to day maintenance. It was the 2016 AGM when Richard talked of returning 'soon' to give IM more focus. The background maintenance is undoubtedly important. Yet here we are, more than 2 years later and there are few visible changes.

Without the Travel Supermarket bonanaza and the number of daily clicks shrinking, is IM generating enough income to sustain the business, let alone grow it? My guess is not. So the question is what should IM be doing now?
I think my suggestions was sensible but not world changing admittedly. As for the clicks and income, haven't they totals always fluctuated…??? I'm sure we will have some new ones shortly. I have always wondered why we seem to piggy-back onto other parties clicks and wondered how difficult (or even possible) it would be to establish our own clicks...?

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Aug 20 2019 1:45pm

One of the suggestions given by members, which could lead to iMutual's decline is the lack of clicks. My understanding of this area is that we merely piggyback on top of other companies clicks (is that correct?).

If that is correct, we may never know the real reasons why a merchant stops this form of marketing but we can guess marketing budgets running out, a different marketing campaign starts etc. but now the question should be asked, isn't about time iMutual started its own click's directly with merchants? I don't know the mechanics but I'm assuming missing out the middle man will give greater returns and control over the merchants relationship and give iMutual the opportunity of subbing out our direct merchants for another income source... or am I being naive here?
Thanked by: pabenny

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Tue Aug 20 2019 3:03pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Aug 20 2019 1:45pm
One of the suggestions given by members, which could lead to iMutual's decline is the lack of clicks. My understanding of this area is that we merely piggyback on top of other companies clicks (is that correct?).

If that is correct, we may never know the real reasons why a merchant stops this form of marketing but we can guess marketing budgets running out, a different marketing campaign starts etc. but now the question should be asked, isn't about time iMutual started its own click's directly with merchants? I don't know the mechanics but I'm assuming missing out the middle man will give greater returns and control over the merchants relationship and give iMutual the opportunity of subbing out our direct merchants for another income source... or am I being naive here?
It's an interesting thought, but I fear naive. Imutual just doesn't haven't enough members to be of interest to merchants directly. Why would they deal with thousands when they can advertise to millions through established networks? We'd have to be very cheap to compensate for the reduced coverage, or offer some other incentive to the merchant (I doubt shares in Imutual will cut it).
Thanked by: kevinchess1

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Tue Aug 20 2019 4:53pm

Boro Boy - Yes you are correct, in theory Richard could do the same as Cashbackers ( and previously Cashinco), Speedcashback owners do and Ecasher and Cashbackchief owners also did in years gone by.
Thanked by: Boro Boy, pabenny

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Aug 20 2019 8:46pm

Chadwick wrote:
Tue Aug 20 2019 3:03pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Aug 20 2019 1:45pm

It's an interesting thought, but I fear naive. Imutual just doesn't haven't enough members to be of interest to merchants directly. Why would they deal with thousands when they can advertise to millions through established networks? We'd have to be very cheap to compensate for the reduced coverage, or offer some other incentive to the merchant (I doubt shares in Imutual will cut it).
So if organic growth isn't keeping pace with the decline and no stimulus is coming from the core company the only other option for growth is surely "Partnership"?

I wrote recently on another thread and surprisingly got little response, so I make no apology for repeating it again here:
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Aug 01 2019 12:45pm
Richard, On the new ideas front how about copying the cashback site who tied up with Pick My Postcode (was Free Postcode Lottery)? Partnership ideas of this kind seem to be very successful for both parties...
In case you're wondering that link was established by Quidco…

PS: No comment was forthcoming from Richard.

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Tue Aug 20 2019 9:52pm

We talked about tie ups with challenger banks too, but if I remember correctly, we were going to try and get the site into shape first. I trust this is what is currently being worked on: for me, we need some sort of relaunch with a new look. I know these things cost money, but if there is still an opportunity in the cashback game, then we ought to try and take it.
Thanked by: pabenny, richard@imutual

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Aug 20 2019 10:31pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Tue Aug 20 2019 9:52pm
We talked about tie ups with challenger banks too, but if I remember correctly, we were going to try and get the site into shape first. I trust this is what is currently being worked on: for me, we need some sort of relaunch with a new look. I know these things cost money, but if there is still an opportunity in the cashback game, then we ought to try and take it.
...no sign of anyone listening... :wtf:

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Aug 20 2019 11:21pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Aug 20 2019 10:31pm
parchedpeas wrote:
Tue Aug 20 2019 9:52pm
...no sign of anyone listening... :wtf:
If speech is silver, silence is gold.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]