Oddest things people do

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

Oddest things people do

Post by blythburgh » Tue Oct 15 2019 10:54am

This has to rate as one of the oddest surely:

Former footballer Paul Gascoigne "forcefully and sloppily" kissed a woman on the lips while drunk on a train, a court has heard.

The 52-year-old is accused of an "unpleasant" sex assault on the service from York to Newcastle in August 2018.

The ex-England star, who denies sexual assault by touching, told police he had "kissed a fat lass" to give her a "confidence boost", jurors were told.

How can a drunk old man kissing you without your permission going to give you a confidence boost?

And then there are men and women who want to help disabled people with asking if they need help:

Bronwyn Berg became so fed-up with people manhandling her without asking, she put spikes on her wheelchair. And she's not alone. With a spate of disabled people reporting unwanted touching some are taking action to stop it in its tracks.

You're minding your own business when - out of nowhere - a man you've never met puts his hands on your wheelchair. He starts to push you down the street and you have no control over where you're going.

This happened to Berg. "It was really terrifying," she says. Despite her screams "not a single person stopped to help".

"I thought: 'How is it that nobody is helping?' If I was able-bodied and a man had picked me up, would I have had a different experience?"

Berg, who has used a wheelchair since she acquired a brain injury five years ago, added metal spikes to the handles of her chair to make it harder for people to take control of her after this incident.

And I have heard many times about pregnant women who get complete strangers putting their hands on the stomach. Presumably to feel the baby moving. And from women of African descent whose hair is touched by strangers who do not ask for permission.

Why do people behave like this? What happened to manners?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Re: Oddest things people do

Post by expressman33 » Tue Oct 15 2019 11:05am

There's nowt so queer as folk
Thanked by: emsky, dustie

kevinchess1

Re: Oddest things people do

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Nov 23 2019 10:03pm

Each to their own i suppose but I don't see a lot of discrimantion against disabled people in the cicrle i spin around in There;s a wheel chair user in the supermaket and a couple of people with missing limbs in the local shops
They seem to do okay
I do think that ssmall peopl are b RUDE THOUGH
i'M NOT SURE OF THE CORRECT TERM? dWARVES> MIDGETS? LEPRECHAINS?
tHERE ONE WHO LIVES NEAR ME, i WAS HIM COMING BACK FROM WORK, I;M GUESSING HE WORKS at the circus or a Dwarf tossing strip club I bent down, pinched his rosy cheek, patted him the head and said 'Do you want a lift?'
He swore at me!
I was so shocked, I stood up, zipped up me rucksack and walked off
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69