Coronavirus/COVID-19

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
Boro Boy

Coronavirus/COVID-19

Post by Boro Boy » Mon May 18 2020 8:11am

UK Government guidence for immigration to the UK: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... s#helpline Come, come one and all... Coronavirus, what's that...???

(Continued from this thread)
    [/i][/b] David

Chadwick

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

Post by Chadwick » Mon May 18 2020 10:31am

Boro Boy wrote:
    Mon May 18 2020 8:11am
    UK Government guidence for immigration to the UK: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... s#helpline Come, come one and all... Coronavirus, what's that...???

I think you've put the wrong link.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon May 18 2020 11:19am

Loss of taste officially COVID symptom. It's true
    I started liking Taylor Swift :(
    Thanked by: blythburgh
    Politically incorrect since 69

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon May 18 2020 3:10pm

5 minutes from the day of a small business trying to survive Brexit on top of COVID-19:
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1262 ... 77664.html

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon May 18 2020 4:41pm

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon May 18 2020 9:22pm

There has been lots of activity in my local area with builders working all hours over the weekend in the big financial company buildings with large open plan trading floors. I'm guessing that all this work paid for by these financial employers was not cheap but hey it's done to protect the workers/employees who are now drifting back to the offices (or at least to stop them from employee claims against them...).

So imagine that these employees who spend most of their day cosseted in these luxurious offices in The City, all socially distancing...

Well I passed a few of these offices earlier today, imagine my surprise to find groups of workers stood/sat outside these offices "having a fag" with no effort at all tying to social distancing outside the office...!?! They can't all be family members...!?!

Have I missed something? Is the war against the Coronavirus been won and no-one told me (or the employers, who must be feeling they wasted their money on the alteration works!) ...??? :wtf:

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue May 19 2020 9:11am

Boro Boy wrote:
    Mon May 18 2020 9:22pm
    There has been lots of activity in my local area with builders working all hours over the weekend in the big financial company buildings with large open plan trading floors. I'm guessing that all this work paid for by these financial employers was not cheap but hey it's done to protect the workers/employees who are now drifting back to the offices (or at least to stop them from employee claims against them...).

So imagine that these employees who spend most of their day cosseted in these luxurious offices in The City, all socially distancing...

Well I passed a few of these offices earlier today, imagine my surprise to find groups of workers stood/sat outside these offices "having a fag" with no effort at all tying to social distancing outside the office...!?! They can't all be family members...!?!

Have I missed something? Is the war against the Coronavirus been won and no-one told me (or the employers, who must be feeling they wasted their money on the alteration works!) ...??? :wtf:
    You missed that they just don't like, as a direct consequence they are doing it to wind you up.
    [imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue May 19 2020 11:00am

Boro Boy wrote:

Odd how taste etc has been a question in the surveys I have been taking for weeks.
    Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue May 19 2020 12:02pm

blythburgh wrote:
    Tue May 19 2020 11:00am
    Boro Boy wrote:

Odd how taste etc has been a question in the surveys I have been taking for weeks.
    Why odd? The WHO and other countries recognised taste as a symptom a long time ago. The surveys are not usually English (depends on site) England has only just adopted taste as a symptom.

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue May 19 2020 1:01pm

I listened to the explanation for the delay in accepting anosmia as a symptom yesterday, but I couldn't help thinking it was just another example where the UK "experts" refuse to accept the expertise of their colleagues worldwide.

It makes absolutely no sense, considering that health minister Nadine Dorries reported that this was the impact of the virus on her back in March.

Just another oddity to add to the list of odd decisions taken (or not taken) when the rest of the world seemed to be going in another direction. 35000 dead.....
    Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me