Operation "Enduring Freedom"

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
macliam

Operation "Enduring Freedom"

Post by macliam » Sun Aug 15 2021 8:32pm

So, 20 years, thousands of lives and trillions of dollars later, the Taliban are back in control of Afghanistan.

The puppets and the bought-in allies ran away when it looked like they might have to fight.

So sad for all those who lost loved ones, or believed the tissue of lies about "success".

Until the next time......
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Re: Operation "Enduring Freedom"

Post by blythburgh » Mon Aug 16 2021 10:58am

I looked at the news and remembered the fall of Vietnam. But this time Trump started it and Biden put his foot down on the accelerator as hard as he could.

The biggest victims are those we in the West promised to get out and those who worked for us and we said "sorry, you were sacked for the smallest of reasons so you are not wanted here".

Shame at my Govt. and the American one does not begin to say how I feel
Thanked by: Kelantan, Richard Frost
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Aug 16 2021 12:10pm

Not sure why they are recalling Parliament on Wednesday. Nothing is going to change. They are not going to decide to go back in to Afghanistan to regain control.

Seems like it might end up as an own goal for Boris, given that I think he will come under a lot of criticism from all parties.

The UK had no choice to withdraw IMO, but it is the manner of that withdrawal which needs to come under scrutiny.
Thanked by: blythburgh

oldboy

Post by oldboy » Mon Aug 16 2021 5:54pm

At this moment I feel ashamed to be British. Under Blair the British lap dog in charge wagged it's tail and was given a good pat on it's head as he made a too small army group go too war.

Then the Trump/Biden pact, decides to pull out fast, and Boris the lap dog follows his masters, Leaving a road of broken promises and dead and broken bodies.

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Aug 17 2021 9:35am

It just seems to me that the ironic misintrpretation of adjectives continues.....

First the was "indefinite leave to remain", which wasn't - and now there's "enduring" that isn't.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me