This governments shenanigans

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
Richard Frost

This governments shenanigans

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Dec 06 2021 11:12am

Should Boris be prosecuted for impersonating a Policeman
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59540781
Last edited by Richard Frost on Wed Dec 08 2021 4:27pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: blythburgh

pabenny

Re: Should Boris be prosecuted for impersonating a Police Officer?

Post by pabenny » Mon Dec 06 2021 12:18pm

There are very specific things, such as insignia that define the offence of impersonating a police officer. Merely dressing up like a police officer is not unlawful.
Thanked by: expressman33, blythburgh

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Dec 06 2021 12:32pm

pabenny wrote:
Mon Dec 06 2021 12:18pm
There are very specific things, such as insignia that define the offence of impersonating a police officer. Merely dressing up like a police officer is not unlawful.
So thats a no then?

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Dec 06 2021 12:44pm

Add it to the long list of his crimes..... how about impersonating a Prime Minister?
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Dec 06 2021 2:08pm

He should be prosecuted for breaking Covid rules in December 2020 ( Xmas Downing Street party ) https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... minic-raab

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Dec 06 2021 3:30pm

expressman33 wrote:
Mon Dec 06 2021 2:08pm
He should be prosecuted for breaking Covid rules in December 2020 ( Xmas Downing Street party ) https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... minic-raab
A, It has not yet been admitted that a party took place in 10 Downing Street on 18th Dec 2020
B, Boris has never said whether he was at (or not at) a Downing street party on 18th December 2020

Before he was prosecuted an investigation would need to take place to establish whether or not the alleged event took place and that he was present, therefore breaking Covid rules in place at the time.

In the case of the original question there are pictures showing him in police issued clothing.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Wed Dec 08 2021 12:55pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Mon Dec 06 2021 3:30pm
A, It has not yet been admitted that a party took place in 10 Downing Street on 18th Dec 2020
And they rehearsed what to say if anyone ever did report a party that didn't happen. Just in case this unfounded rumour should emerge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ofkm48nv_k

As far as 'admitting' that a party took place goes, most people don't admit to misdemeanours until they have to. The word 'yet' in your sentence is the important one.

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed Dec 08 2021 1:16pm

I have lost faith in the ability of the British system to protect its citizens.

Johnson's government will almost certainly go down in history as one of the most talentless, incompetent and untrustworthy in recent history.

I am becoming tired of hearing ministers trot out practiced non-answers to any questions of impropriety, I am tired at hearing incompetent idiots throwing out ill-considered policy suggestions, I am tired of the obvious comfort to these charlatans that a massive majority gives and the ability it gives them to evade proper parliamentary scrutiny.

At a time when good government is required to overcome the self-inflicted wounds of Brexit and the chaos of Covid, what we have are a bunch of apparatchiks who have taken the opportunity to climb the greasy pole offered to those with no moral fibre, putting questionable policy before parliament. What we have is a Home Secretary who appears to be looking to extend her powers to impose fascistic controls on the electorate, what we have is a government seeking to remove, or limit, the powers of the judiciary or of judicial committees to hold them to account or to challenge their decisions.....

Lord help us survive until the next election with any form of democracy left in place.......

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Dec 08 2021 1:20pm

macliam wrote:
Wed Dec 08 2021 1:16pm
Lord help us survive until the next election with any form of democracy left in place.......
Another election will only be any good if the UK Electorate make a different decision than they did at the last. There is not a lot I have seen to convince me they will.
Thanked by: macliam, blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed Dec 08 2021 1:46pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Wed Dec 08 2021 1:20pm
macliam wrote:
Wed Dec 08 2021 1:16pm
Another election will only be any good if the UK Electorate make a different decision than they did at the last. There is not a lot I have seen to convince me they will.
Whilst I share your concern, I think you assume that the same choices will be in place.

I have little faith in the inexecrable choices of the British (well, English) electorate and absolutely none in the gerrymandered broken electoral system, but I have faith in the historic proclivity of the Tory party to stab its own leaders in the back.....

To be PM, Johnson must remain leader of the party - and if he does not, the whole house of cards will topple as all members of the government share only the talent of doing his bidding. So, uncomfortable as it makes me, I hope the Tory grandees dispatch the lying toad to the backbenches (or beyond).
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh