Recyle at Boots scheme

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

Recyle at Boots scheme

Post by blythburgh » Wed Jan 05 2022 10:08am

If you take back certain packages back to Boots (but only stuff they sell so not my Body Shop stuff sigh) you can earn Boots advantage points.

You have to register and it is only the large shops that have a recycle unit.

Read all about it here: https://www.boots.com/shopping/boots-recycling-scheme

So you can buy your toothpaste anywhere but get points for dropping it off at Boots.
Thanked by: MrsBear
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Re: Recyle at Boots scheme

Post by pabenny » Wed Jan 05 2022 5:30pm

Hmmm

The points are generous - 500 points for 5 items. But you have to scan them 24 hours before dropping off, they're only valid for 3 days and you have to spend £10+ to benefit from the discount.

No idea how you actually register for the scheme - no links that take you to a sign-up page.

The link for finding stores just takes you to a generic storefinder page - you have to dig into individual store details to find whether they run the scheme (although tbf, it seems that most do)

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Jan 05 2022 6:40pm

pabenny wrote:
Wed Jan 05 2022 5:30pm
Hmmm

The points are generous - 500 points for 5 items. But you have to scan them 24 hours before dropping off, they're only valid for 3 days and you have to spend £10+ to benefit from the discount.

No idea how you actually register for the scheme - no links that take you to a sign-up page.

The link for finding stores just takes you to a generic storefinder page - you have to dig into individual store details to find whether they run the scheme (although tbf, it seems that most do)
Err I have to spend at least £10 or I do not get the points??? So I have to join the traffic jam to get into town, spend to park as there are hardly any free spaces. Then spend money on stuff I might get cheaper elsewhere. I think I am going to continue with The Body Shop online as the nearest one is getting on for 30 miles away. Could use a local rep but I want the loyalty pts which I can then donate to The World Land Trust which is based in a town I like not far away from me.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Wed Jan 05 2022 8:02pm

£10 to redeem, I think.
Read the link you posted.
Thanked by: blythburgh, MrsBear

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed Jan 05 2022 8:22pm

I'll check that a collection point really exists in a store that I can conveniently access before putting any effort into understanding and trying to use this scheme.
Thanked by: blythburgh, MrsBear

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed Jan 12 2022 10:47am

They don't appear to have a collection point at the nearest main Boots branch, even though the store finder indicates it should have and there are currently so few staff working that I'd have to join a long queue just to enquire about it. I might need to look further afield. In the meantime, I'm setting aside some empty items that might qualify.

Boots are now starting 'Price Advantage' which offers lower prices to Advantage card holders than customers without their loyalty card. This is presumably influenced by the recent Tesco Clubcard price model.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Sep 02 2023 4:02pm

Finally encountered some real world evidence that this scheme exists and operates. It appears the drop-off points are self service; there's just a store identity QR code to scan when depositing items.

I somehow didn't notice the Burt's Bees lip balm sitting there when I took this photo, otherwise I'd have moved it out of the way!
Thanked by: MrsBear, blythburgh