£13.50 cashback @ Money Dashboard!

tonyg

Re: £13.50 cashback @ Money Dashboard!

Post by tonyg » Fri Jul 11 2014 6:58pm

roger wrote:Anyone else stuck, for some 10 minutes in my case, with a screen saying "Please wait a moment while we process this information"?
Yes I had that plus could not connect account, so in end connected a credit card account just to sync an account. The next day managed to add bank account but still took a little time :)
Thanked by: roger

Phil85

Post by Phil85 » Fri Jul 11 2014 9:42pm

£13.30 and 130 shares here - not compaining, just curious why it was slightly less than the offer?
Thanked by: mariannemarlow

timco

Post by timco » Fri Jul 11 2014 11:34pm

Sorry not doing this one they want too much information which they do not need to open an account rife for abuse.
Thanked by: Squire

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Sat Jul 12 2014 9:04am

Phil85 wrote:£13.30 and 130 shares here - not compaining, just curious why it was slightly less than the offer?
Oops, sorry. I've corrected this now :thumbup:

roger

Post by roger » Sat Jul 12 2014 9:06am

Having been stuck trying to enter bank details, followed tonyg's recommendation above and, sure enough, it's happy to take my credit card details (but still not bank details). Only snag with credit card details is that Money Dashboard requests PIN number. As far as I can see, if someone manages to hack into Money Dashboard's systems and get credit card details along with PIN numbers, that someone is going to be a very rich man (or woman) and my credit card company, on hearing of my loss, might well say "Your fault for revealing PIN number". Anyone else have any thoughts about this?

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Jul 12 2014 9:11am

roger wrote:Having been stuck trying to enter bank details, followed tonyg's recommendation above and, sure enough, it's happy to take my credit card details (but still not bank details). Only snag with credit card details is that Money Dashboard requests PIN number. As far as I can see, if someone manages to hack into Money Dashboard's systems and get credit card details along with PIN numbers, that someone is going to be a very rich man (or woman) and my credit card company, on hearing of my loss, might well say "Your fault for revealing PIN number". Anyone else have any thoughts about this?
I am on the side of the credit card on that one. What on earth are they doing asking for your pin number?
Thanked by: expressman33
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Sat Jul 12 2014 9:21am

roger wrote:Having been stuck trying to enter bank details, followed tonyg's recommendation above and, sure enough, it's happy to take my credit card details (but still not bank details). Only snag with credit card details is that Money Dashboard requests PIN number. As far as I can see, if someone manages to hack into Money Dashboard's systems and get credit card details along with PIN numbers, that someone is going to be a very rich man (or woman) and my credit card company, on hearing of my loss, might well say "Your fault for revealing PIN number". Anyone else have any thoughts about this?
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/savi ... nking.html
Thanked by: roger, kevinchess1
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Sat Jul 12 2014 9:40am

Never requested my pin number just online password :shock:

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Jul 12 2014 10:52am

I'm a bit suspicious about this. Until the banks come out and say they support this, users are at risk of their bank denying fraud claims because you've disclosed your password to a third party. And I see from the story on thisismoney, that data is actually held by yet another company.

Count me out.

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Sat Jul 12 2014 1:59pm

This article might shed a little light

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... ounts.html