cashback extended

Spotted a problem on imutual? If it's not specific to your account, then post here and see if other members can help. Staff also monitor this forum and will reply as necessary
macliam

Re: cashback extended

Post by macliam » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:45 am

kevinchess1 wrote:
macliam wrote:.. you are now asking IM to bear the cost of waiting for payment and so take a hit on cashflow as stated. :roll:
And how is that different from the Cashback guarantee?
Selective quotation? - "the merchant hasn't defaulted", that's the difference. ;)

This would be invoking the guarantee just because the assumed timescale for payment has not been met. If that's the case, why not ask IM to pay out as soon as the transaction tracks? ........ :|
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:48 am

How about putting longer payment dates on the screen and not raising expectations as much as they are now. If the money comes in earlier it gets paid straight away anyway.
Thanked by: b_m, kevinchess1
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:01 am

SantaTorusDrahcir wrote:How about putting longer payment dates on the screen and not raising expectations as much as they are now. If the money comes in earlier it gets paid straight away anyway.
I agree - or a warning like on sharebuying .... give the historical payment stat with the caveat "Remember - past performance does not guarantee future payment timescales." ;)

Ric

Post by Ric » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:46 am

SantaTorusDrahcir wrote:If the money comes in earlier it gets paid straight away anyway.
Does it really? Not in my experience on this site.

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:51 am

Ric wrote:
SantaTorusDrahcir wrote:If the money comes in earlier it gets paid straight away anyway.
Proof? :eh:

Ric

Post by Ric » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:54 am

macliam wrote:
Ric wrote:
Proof? :eh:
What are you on about? :roll:
I've never had cashback awarded before the quoted award date on this site to my knowledge. That's the proof.

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:30 am

Ric wrote:What are you on about? :roll:
I've never had cashback awarded before the quoted award date on this site to my knowledge. That's the proof.
Could that possibly be because the Merchant hasn't paid early? Your original comment suggests that IM hold back payments and the absence of early payment to you doesn't prove that, does it? :eh:

If the merchant doesn't pay up as expected, all IM can do is chase payment, which is frustrating - but if the merchant reneges on the deal completely, we have the guarantee (in most cases). I had to wait over 15 months on another site for a substantial cashback payout on Car insurance - and the comms during that time were abysmal (and would be worse today as the forum we had then has been dropped). Complaints about transactions which have extended by a few days beyond the expected payout seem trivial in that context. :shifty:
Thanked by: blythburgh

Ric

Post by Ric » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:41 am

macliam wrote:Your original comment suggests that IM hold back payments
I believe that to be the case yes. I cba to search back over previous posts on here or Rpoints, but it has been discussed before. I think after 11 years on RY's cashback sites I would have noticed if payments had been made early. I don't have particular issue with this business model if a few pence interest is earned by the company holding onto funds for several extra days.
macliam wrote:Complaints about transactions which have extended by a few days beyond the expected payout seem trivial in that context.
Who's complaining? I'm making a point about the cashback guarantee and extended transactions.

Ric

Post by Ric » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:55 am

CBL-Rotten2TheCore's deleted post wrote:Now that Imutual award in most cases as soon as it gets paid by the merchant.....
I hadn't noticed that, but I stand corrected then.

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:55 am

SantaTorusDrahcir wrote:How about putting longer payment dates on the screen and not raising expectations as much as they are now. If the money comes in earlier it gets paid straight away anyway.

Get Poundsback have never had award dates and thus no complaints about extended transactions.

TCB scrapped award dates due to them confusing people as opposed to being seen as a rough payment guide and by doing so TCB ended the complaints/questions re extended transactions

Now that Imutual award in most cases as soon as it gets paid by the merchant, being as award dates are causing disappointment the best thing is to scrap them like TCB did as serving no positive purpose merely negative for the company/site

"Most cases" seem to exclude daily clicks
Last edited by cccashbacklover on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: Sarah, bazwaldo
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....