Cashback reliability August 2016

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Cashback reliability August 2016

Post by richard@imutual » Thu Aug 04 2016 10:01am

It's been a while since I posted a report on how well we're dealing with members' claims for missing/incorrect transactions but I thought it worthwhile to show you the following:
claims20160804.jpg
claims20160804.jpg (37.31 KiB) Viewed 1787 times
We do everything we can to ensure that merchants track your transactions reliably (including sometimes dropping merchants who prove unreliable), but occasionally, for reasons largely out of our control, one of your transactions will fail to track correctly. We then have a quick and simple claims process so you can tell us about it, and we then chase the merchant on your behalf.

As you can see, there was a spike in the number of claims during January, April and May. This was due to some tracking / reporting issues with a couple of popular merchants, which we're now largely on top of.

Thanks to Michelle's hard work, we have no overdue claims (i.e. passed the target resolution date) as of today. :thumbup:

All claims submitted up to the end of May have been resolved. It's also pleasing to see that our rejection rate for recent claims remains below 15%. The overall number of claims, relative to our total transactions, remains very low :)

We want imutual to be trusted to deliver reliable cashback rewards, not just promise the best rates. So we place a very high priority on how well we deal with missing/incorrect transactions, and hope in turn that this will give you the confidence to recommend us to your friends, family and other contacts. :)

And remember that, uniquely, imutual offers a cashback guarantee covering over 90% of its merchants :thumbup: So don't be shy about spreading the word....

Boro Boy

Re: Cashback reliability August 2016

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Aug 04 2016 5:29pm

It would be great if it was possible to sort out the erratic performance of eBay as I'm sure half the claims will be regarding them...

RonFlorabud

Post by RonFlorabud » Fri Aug 05 2016 9:24am

Boro Boy wrote:It would be great if it was possible to sort out the erratic performance of eBay as I'm sure half the claims will be regarding them...
Not that I have used ebay a great deal. The few that I have done have all tracked well.

dannyluis

Post by dannyluis » Fri Aug 05 2016 10:12pm

This is very positive but I would love to see something similar with extended transactions to show the whole story about retailers.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Aug 06 2016 12:12am

anthonyh wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:It would be great if it was possible to sort out the erratic performance of eBay as I'm sure half the claims will be regarding them...
Not that I have used ebay a great deal. The few that I have done have all tracked well.
All I can say is "Lucky you!". I use eBay regularly through iMutual and my experience is: it is a very patchy relationship - this is a shame because if it all tracked and worked well all parties would benefit...!