Slowly unbranding...

AAAlphaThunder

Slowly unbranding...

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:06 pm

Latest MSE email reads:
A personal message from Martin - this email is a first...

A new era starts today at MoneySavingExpert. Last week's email was the last Martin's Money Tips. Today, it's MSE's Money Tips, as after 13 years writing this email week in and week out, I've handed over day-to-day responsibility to Jason Mills, MSE's talented new Editor in Chief.

This doesn't mean this is the last you'll see of me here. I'll still be overseeing it, but less hands-on. And I plan to write some parts of it, when I've big things to say, as I have below on energy.

In truth, I hope you won't notice the change. Jason has joined managing editor Guy Anker and the rest of the now very experienced editorial staff, who've been putting the email together for a long time. I still find it hard to believe the email I started sending to friends of friends all that time ago (see history of the site) goes to 11m people in the UK, with a big team producing it.

As for me, my new role as MSE's Exec Chair is about ideas, strategy, ethics and maintaining journalistic & analytical quality. My hope is this will free me up to come up with more ways to save money, more campaigning, more policy work, more TV and allow me to see Mrs and Mini MSE a bit too.

Want to ask me a question? I'm doing a Facebook Live 3pm Thu. To mark this occasion, I'm exposing myself (ooh er, missus) to questions, whether on MoneySaving or about the site, via a live stream for half an hour on my Facebook page. Or, of course, I'm on Twitter at @MartinSLewis.
Not only are the new owners not revealing the VERY best non-MSE blagged deals but they are slowly aand steadily taking Martin's name out.
Thanked by: kevinchess1
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

kevinchess1
Sharing: 5stars.png

Re: Slowly unbranding...

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:46 pm

Yes I agree underdog
BUT
How many posters here would turn down £75,000,000 for their pet :?:
I've always said I wouldn't sell my shares but for £75,000,000 I'd be sorely tempted.
That nearly a fiver EACH :D
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:19 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:How many posters here would turn down £75,000,000 for their pet :?:
I've always said I wouldn't sell my shares but for £75,000,000 I'd be sorely tempted.
I'm here purely on business. Business is business.

You give me an offer I can't refuse and I sell.

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:40 pm

underdog wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:How many posters here would turn down £75,000,000 for their pet :?:

As the quote goes.... "What you are, we have already established - we are now merely haggling over the price"! :o
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:17 pm

macliam wrote:
underdog wrote:

As the quote goes.... "What you are, we have already established - we are now merely haggling over the price"! :o
I've never heard the phrase. So I researched it, now I understand as you understand.

For others who are unsure here is an explanation:

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/03/07/haggling/
Thanked by: blythburgh