MSE Offers Forum?

kevinchess1
Posts: 22345
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Sharing: 3stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12751 times
Been thanked: 16193 times
Contact:

Re: MSE Offers Forum?

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:03 pm

richard@imutual wrote:I never actually did the technical work to enforce this, because the offending members appeared to be policing themselves adequately.

Admittedly, underdog passed the agreed limit with these recent posts and is hereby condemned to the naughty corner

I think there are a few improvements / restrictions needed on the offer form, to improve the quality and relevance of what posted. Realistically it will be early next year before this happens
Of course there is the Nuclear options

MODERATORS (I will wash my mouth out with bleach now) :sick:
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

macliam
Posts: 8059
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1405 times
Been thanked: 7008 times
Contact:

Re: MSE Offers Forum?

Post by macliam » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:49 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
richard@imutual wrote:I never actually did the technical work to enforce this, because the offending members appeared to be policing themselves adequately.

Admittedly, underdog passed the agreed limit with these recent posts and is hereby condemned to the naughty corner

I think there are a few improvements / restrictions needed on the offer form, to improve the quality and relevance of what posted. Realistically it will be early next year before this happens
Of course there is the Nuclear options

MODERATORS (I will wash my mouth out with bleach now) :sick:
We've got one - Richard - and he has a very light touch which is fine by me, under normal circumstances.

When you spoke about the nuclear option, I though you meant underdog's address and a baseball bat :shifty:
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

kevinchess1
Posts: 22345
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Sharing: 3stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12751 times
Been thanked: 16193 times
Contact:

Re: MSE Offers Forum?

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:12 pm

I'm not sure how a game of Rounders is going to help?
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

William Joseph1
Posts: 11359
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2602 times
Been thanked: 6674 times
Contact:

Re: MSE Offers Forum?

Post by William Joseph1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:01 pm

I like the fact that we have no moderators and generally it works well. It would be a shame if we went down that road.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

macliam
Posts: 8059
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1405 times
Been thanked: 7008 times
Contact:

Re: MSE Offers Forum?

Post by macliam » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:19 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:I'm not sure how a game of Rounders is going to help?
Softballs, surely? :shifty:
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

kevinchess1
Posts: 22345
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Sharing: 3stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12751 times
Been thanked: 16193 times
Contact:

Re: MSE Offers Forum?

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:28 pm

Yes but you can get some ointment for them :D
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1
Posts: 22345
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Sharing: 3stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12751 times
Been thanked: 16193 times
Contact:

Re: MSE Offers Forum?

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:31 pm

William Joseph wrote:I like the fact that we have no moderators and generally it works well. It would be a shame if we went down that road.
Depends who they are I suppose
You need someone who is long time member, on the forums a lot, known to everyone...bit like underdog :D

IN MY OPINION, if we were to go down the Moddy root I think you would make a V good one WJ
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1
Posts: 22345
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Sharing: 3stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12751 times
Been thanked: 16193 times
Contact:

Re: MSE Offers Forum?

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:15 pm

Chadwick wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:Maybe THis should be looked at in more depth
Looks like a vote with a 52% majority win.... I'm not getting involved! :silent:
Certainly was a 'Blurred' result.
As posters know I campaign long and loud for REMAINing with the tried and tested system
But a few lying racist bigots promise the earth if we voted for LEAVEing it all behind
How many posters voted in protest?
How many posters did not understand the consequences?
and How many posters now bitterly regret it?
Certainly a Pyrrhic victory
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

William Joseph1
Posts: 11359
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2602 times
Been thanked: 6674 times
Contact:

Re: MSE Offers Forum?

Post by William Joseph1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:20 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
William Joseph wrote:I like the fact that we have no moderators and generally it works well. It would be a shame if we went down that road.
Depends who they are I suppose
You need someone who is long time member, on the forums a lot, known to everyone...bit like underdog :D

IN MY OPINION, if we were to go down the Moddy root I think you would make a V good one WJ
Thank you for the confidence. Lets knock that one on the head before anyone else gets silly ideas. I have no intention of applying, or accepting in the unlikely event it was offered. Simply something I would not be wanting to do.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Chadwick
Posts: 1631
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 791 times
Been thanked: 2071 times
Contact:

Re: MSE Offers Forum?

Post by Chadwick » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:53 am

William Joseph wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:IN MY OPINION, if we were to go down the Moddy root I think you would make a V good one WJ
Thank you for the confidence. Lets knock that one on the head before anyone else gets silly ideas. I have no intention of applying, or accepting in the unlikely event it was offered. Simply something I would not be wanting to do.
It's a thankless task. Most of the time your efforts go unnoticed, removing spam, merging topics, correcting formatting cock-ups (we've all seen when quoting goes wrong) and generally keeping the forums slick and clean. More energy is expended having discussions like this behind the scenes, about what to do with issues - how to resolve them peacefully and with minimal public impact. When you do have to do something more forceful, it is invariably to the displeasure of the members who shout the loudest when displeased, making the mods look like the bad guys.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests