Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:09 pm

£100 by April 17
Thanked by: parchedpeas
Politically incorrect since 69

garindan

Re: Membership update

Post by garindan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:28 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:£100 by April 17
It is actually £100 by the beginning of March, as 01 March is 30 completed months, or 2.5 years of contributions for those who joined on the "first day".
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:30 pm

parchedpeas wrote:Agreed, silent members don't add much. If anything, we need louder members!
Yes, perhaps even as little as just more contributions, no matter how small or large.

kevinchess1
Sharing: 3stars.png

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:09 pm

garindan wrote:
It is actually £100 by the beginning of March, as 01 March is 30 completed weeks, or 2.5 years of contributions for those who joined on the "first day".
And since when has '30 weeks' been 0.5 of a year?
Thanked by: garindan
Politically incorrect since 69

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:37 pm

Our current minimum investment value is in my opinion reasonable, proportionate and justified.
Thanked by: kevinchess1
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:25 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
garindan wrote:
It is actually £100 by the beginning of March, as 01 March is 30 completed weeks, or 2.5 years of contributions for those who joined on the "first day".
And since when has '30 weeks' been 0.5 of a year?
Sorry - that should have said 30 months!

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:05 am

garindan wrote:
It is actually £100 by the beginning of March, as 01 March is 30 completed months, or 2.5 years of contributions for those who joined on the "first day".
So I bob along at the bottom of the 'investor' table as I'm only two quarters 'in the bank' when it comes to payments, but I've got the next couple of years sorted in cashback due and that is thanks to the patience I was shown by the admins when I was getting my balance back up to speed.

It's not really the club rules I was grumbling about - I think they're fair. I was more concerned with us losing members because the earning opportunities here were harder to come by than perhaps they could be.

This is the most exciting and interesting part of the site, for me. It is certainly the main reason I stick with imutual. That, and an odd loyalty to Richard post the Rpoints debacle!

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:37 am

parchedpeas wrote:So I bob along at the bottom of the 'investor' table as I'm only two quarters 'in the bank' when it comes to payments, but I've got the next couple of years sorted in cashback due and that is thanks to the patience I was shown by the admins when I was getting my balance back up to speed.
I really wouldn't worry about where you are on the investor table as you call it. There is no pressure to invest any more than the minimum required. Being two quarters up on contributions is much better than being three quarters down though ;) However, finding one "big hitter" and cashing it into the Club does make a massive difference in the grand scheme of things :thumbup:

One thing I know from personal experience of getting cashback is it tends to be seasonal, not necessarily in the sense of Christmas per se, but it is tied to annual occurrences of insurance buys, holidays, contract renewals etc.... More of a personal seasonality, so I have tried to take a helpful view of things and do intend to keep that policy going forward. :thumbup:

Ric

Post by Ric » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi everyone.
Apologies to garindan who asked me to make a post about why I was leaving but I didn't get around to logging back onto the main site until now.
I'm a lot older and busier now than the good old days of Rpoints forums and I just don't have the time, nor interest, to be logging onto and reading forums anymore. I will also say that I was on a slightly different wavelength from most CIC members right from the start. I assumed that the relatively small sums earned as cashback and deposited into the CIC would tempt members into making higher risk investments. Everything has really been quite safe and it hasn't resulted in much excitement for me :)
Please don't take this as a criticism. I know for some people their cashback is very important to them financially. For me personally it's a bit of a bonus and I would have been happy to have taken more of a gamble.
I wish you all well with the CIC and I hope you achieve good long term outcomes.

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Ric wrote:Hi everyone.
Apologies to garindan who asked me to make a post about why I was leaving but I didn't get around to logging back onto the main site until now.
I'm a lot older and busier now than the good old days of Rpoints forums and I just don't have the time, nor interest, to be logging onto and reading forums anymore. I will also say that I was on a slightly different wavelength from most CIC members right from the start. I assumed that the relatively small sums earned as cashback and deposited into the CIC would tempt members into making higher risk investments. Everything has really been quite safe and it hasn't resulted in much excitement for me :)
Please don't take this as a criticism. I know for some people their cashback is very important to them financially. For me personally it's a bit of a bonus and I would have been happy to have taken more of a gamble.
I wish you all well with the CIC and I hope you achieve good long term outcomes.
I wish you the very best in your future.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club