Merchant of the Week - Europcar UK

michelle@imutual

Merchant of the Week - Europcar UK

Post by michelle@imutual » Mon Nov 20 2017 8:54am

Europcar UK is imutual's Merchant of the Week. To mark the occasion, from today until 26th November we are offering all imutual members 1 share per day just for visiting

Europcar has a wide range of vehicles available for hire in over 118 countries around the world, offering highly competitive prices on car & van rentals to both business and leisure travelers.

With our efficient online reservations service, Europcar can offer you an excellent rate on a superb choice of vehicles from a rental station close to you. We also offer a range of special offers and discounts for our customers that are constantly updated to ensure that we are offering you the most competitive rates at all times, including some great deals on longer term hire cars as an alternative option to leasing.

Receive 10% discount off our best value public rates in the UK when you make your reservation online.

Hourly rentals - do you need a car for just a few hours? Flying in for meetings? Then why not get all the comfort and flexibility of your own car on an hourly rate!

Please support our Merchant of the Week by paying them a visit :)

Visit Europcar UK now to get one free share

Offer ends midnight on 26th November

BeautifulSunshine

Re: Merchant of the Week - Europcar UK

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Nov 20 2017 9:51am

Easy to use and if you look under "special offers" they have some bargains.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Nov 20 2017 9:56am

Thunderfog wrote:Easy to use
When did you use them last?
Thanked by: Mel, blythburgh, Kelantan

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Nov 20 2017 11:22am

William Joseph wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017.

Kelantan

Post by Kelantan » Mon Nov 20 2017 11:28am

Thunderfog wrote:
William Joseph wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017.
So presumably that means you have made a booking today and have not actually used them yet? Their prices are higher than some others on the market. On that basis I will not be using them.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Nov 20 2017 12:07pm

William Joseph wrote:
Change that to when you last made a booking with them and you might get a truthful answer
Thanked by: Richard Frost, Kelantan
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Nov 21 2017 5:02am

Dream on wrote:So presumably that means you have made a booking today and have not actually used them yet? Their prices are higher than some others on the market. On that basis I will not be using them.
How do you presume that?

Google is:
BBC is:
Met Office:
Easy to use
I've never bought anything from any of the above.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Nov 21 2017 9:40am

Thunderfog wrote:
Dream on wrote:So presumably that means you have made a booking today and have not actually used them yet? Their prices are higher than some others on the market. On that basis I will not be using them.
How do you presume that?

Google is:
BBC is:
Met Office:
Easy to use
I've never bought anything from any of the above.
When I hear or read someone's opinion about a car hire company I assume they have actual experience with the firm. Not just clicked on the website.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Nov 21 2017 4:55pm

I've used Europcar abroad - and they used to be the default car hire firm at work. They're OK, but nothing more. If they offer a price and conditions good for you, then go with them.

Car Hire firms divide into the multi-national franchises and the rest, usually the first group have newer cars and people "trust" them more (somewhat unwise!). The others are more of a mixed bunch and there you really need genuine feedback.

I have seen a lot of complaints from people who jumped at the cheapest price rather than checking things out - and there have been a lot of "scams" - like claiming previous damage, like charging excessively for fuel, like adding on unwanted "extras" - and an old favourite that seems to have made a comeback, like charging per Km over a given limit. People get stung and then whinge...... Then there are those that DO damage the cars, etc., get charged and whinge anyway!!

In Portugal a few years back, most of the cheap deals charged you for a tank of fuel at pickup and told you to return the car empty. The first meant they charged over €100 for 40 litres of fuel, the second was almost impossible, so it was win-win for the rental companies. Now, most agencies are wise to that trick and advertise the deals as "Full-Full" - but caveat emptor.

Lately, I have seen one company (Firefly) offering good prices, but with a 60Km per day mileage limit. This might seem OK if you are just tootling to the beach - but if you are staying 100Km from the airport and drive more than a few miles to the beach per day you could easily exceed that limit. Then (hidden in the small print) they charge €.49 per Km - so an extra 50Km costs you almost €25!! I expect that one will be weeded out soon, but for now, check and check again..... because if you get to the Airport and they ask you for far more than you agreed, what can you do?
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed Nov 22 2017 12:47am

Ummmm - no tracking yesterday and now no mention of a share for visiting????
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me