Wise words Thunderfog... with the swings involved ..more like 10% stop:loss though.
At $10k = 1 bitcoin today. I am going to sell ALL
my 'XBT Provider AB Bitcoin Tracker' tomorrow and wait to see if the froth comes off. If Bitcoin (the bell-weather) retraces to $8k I might go back in.
In parallel, acknowledging Coinsilium (COIN) have probably been caught up in the Cryptocurrency fever, I am going to liberate all my capital and hold a free carry. I do this reluctantly as I think COIN is a blockchain and token play story for wider industry application. Not only do they have Terrastream their own Token platform; they have today, invested in buying 30% of Startup token see https://www.finextra.com/pressarticle/7 ... artuptoken
Again, I may top back up if there is an opportunity.
Percentage gains aside. COIN's market cap is just £12m-£13m. There has to be potential acquirers out there with £50m in loose change to buy them out. If not, once they are underway and assuming they don't print lots of shares, I see a £50m business anyway which translates to a 50p share (currently 12-13p).
Just my thoughts.. not a recommendation... you could lose the lot.