2017 accounts and notice of AGM

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23938
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 3336 times
Contact:

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Mel wrote:Don't delude yourself. Your conduct and attitude does NOT generate any positive publicity.
It was never about me, it was always about you - the very pretty Mel.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23938
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 3336 times
Contact:

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:16 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:Really sorry to go off topic
Don't be modest Kev really in your heart of hearts you aren't "sorry" but "love".
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

an6ypan6y
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 184 times
Contact:

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by an6ypan6y » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:02 pm

It isn't good to see income and profit down when we should expect to see modest increases.

I know that we can see the number of new members per month, but the statistic which would prove more useful would be to know the number of active members by month ie: are we suffering from poor member retention?

The re-introduction and revamp of the old weekly update newsletter might help to simply remind occasional users that the site is still around.

FWIW: I would support the introduction of carefully selected advertising as suggested by Kev.

pabenny
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 1106 times
Contact:

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by pabenny » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Hmmm

Income £150,000, down 12%. Loss of £3500, or about 2.5% of income (year ending June 2017)

Topcashback - income £70 million, up 20%. Profit of £5.5 million (year ending Dec 2016)

IM is a minnow but is clearly being eclipsed by TCB and Q,

Sure, the losses in 2017 will reverse with the benefit of campaigns like Travel Supermarket, but we should not be seeing a drop in income when online sales are continuing to grow at a double digit rate.

Without the resources to develop the site, IM will remain tiny. As discussed in other threads, we've recently seen some cashback sites close - partly due to chronic under investment. I am concerned that IM will have a similar fate.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23938
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 3336 times
Contact:

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:21 am

pabenny wrote:Hmmm

Income £150,000, down 12%. Loss of £3500, or about 2.5% of income (year ending June 2017)

Topcashback - income £70 million, up 20%. Profit of £5.5 million (year ending Dec 2016)

IM is a minnow but is clearly being eclipsed by TCB and Q,

Sure, the losses in 2017 will reverse with the benefit of campaigns like Travel Supermarket, but we should not be seeing a drop in income when online sales are continuing to grow at a double digit rate.

Without the resources to develop the site, IM will remain tiny. As discussed in other threads, we've recently seen some cashback sites close - partly due to chronic under investment. I am concerned that IM will have a similar fate.
Patience my friend, patience.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 3447
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 917 times
Been thanked: 1899 times
Contact:

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Everything seems to be untargeted and on a suck it and see basis; along with the fall in income is a fall in the take-up of new members - "We attracted a further 1,295 members to the website during the year (2016 accounts)" and 571 in the present accounts. As asked recently by another member; it would be interesting to hear what the number of "active" members are - those who visit the website at least once a month?

The re-establishment of the news letter sounds a simple idea, even on a monthly basis it may remind lapse members of our continued existence...?

Back to my original point - I do hope that some achievable targets for future development can be laid down at the AGM.

kevinchess1
Posts: 21975
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:02 pm
Sharing: 4stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12415 times
Been thanked: 15788 times
Contact:

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Thunderfog wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:Really sorry to go off topic
Don't be modest Kev really in your heart of hearts you aren't "sorry" but "love".
Actually I'm usually indifferent to threads going off topic because that is there nature but we certain do not want #Chadwicks Law' Here, this thread is far too important
Last edited by kevinchess1 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: Chadwick, blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

pabenny
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 1106 times
Contact:

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by pabenny » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Boro Boy wrote:I do hope that some achievable targets for future development can be laid down at the AGM.
I hope so too - but I doubt it.

The site doesn't generate enough income to pay Richard to do any site or business development - but if IM doesn't generate more income, it will never be able to afford to pay Richard.

kevinchess1
Posts: 21975
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:02 pm
Sharing: 4stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12415 times
Been thanked: 15788 times
Contact:

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:58 pm

A V simple idea to produce some more income would be to put a line on the redemption page to encourage posters to donate some of their cashback to imutal
Even if it was just the odd coppers it would help
Politically incorrect since 69

William Joseph1
Posts: 10973
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2454 times
Been thanked: 6270 times
Contact:

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by William Joseph1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:04 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:A V simple idea to produce some more income would be to put a line on the redemption page to encourage posters to donate some of their cashback to imutal
Even if it was just the odd coppers it would help
Well, is it TCB that asks for tips for the staff? A similar idea, but not sure how much if anything it would raise.
Last edited by William Joseph1 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: blythburgh
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests