2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Boro Boy

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Dec 10 2017 1:44pm

Lets all take away any negative, blame or conflict issues and just concentrate on developing the website; the best and simplest suggestion so far (for me) is the idea of re-instating the regular news letter, perhaps on a monthly basis to keep the less active members connected to the website and promoting their involvement as well as highlighting offers...

Kelantan

Post by Kelantan » Sun Dec 10 2017 7:00pm

Thunderfog wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:A V simple idea to produce some more income would be to put a line on the redemption page to encourage posters to donate some of their cashback to imutal
Even if it was just the odd coppers it would help
Whilst it is true I am a wealthy man I wouldn't donate a penny to imutual staff let alone a double copper.
But of course that was not what kevinchess1 was suggesting. The suggestion was that you donate part of your earnings to your company.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Dec 10 2017 10:04pm

William Joseph wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:A V simple idea to produce some more income would be to put a line on the redemption page to encourage posters to donate some of their cashback to imutal
Even if it was just the odd coppers it would help
Upon further reflection I would not be in favour of this. Richard already takes a compulsory donation from some clicks. ie: Travel Supermarket where 60p is the payment for car hire but is capped at 15p and 25p for holidays and is being capped at 10p most gambling merchants have money taken off also. So I do not feel that a request for donations would be correct whilst this compulsory form of underhand taxing is going on. This is not a complaint that the practice is happening but just pointing out that this raises much more than any voluntary donation would ever do.
Not saying i disagree with your point and, if IMutual were making 8 figures a year, every year, I'd fully support your point of view, but it isn't
the fact is with TS clicks, there's an awful more outstanding than has been paid, and that may well end up being the final picture
Ry isn't taking a wage so how is he going to benefit?
IN MY OPINION to grow the club we could really use a fully focused CEO who get a proper wage. If RY decided that he given it a fair shot and was to step away then who would take over?
Not me, I don't know the first thing about running a cashback site
Maybe put Thunderfrog in charge :shock:
lots of cashback sites are
Politically incorrect since 69

Kelantan

Post by Kelantan » Mon Dec 11 2017 12:03pm

kevinchess1 wrote:the fact is with TS clicks, there's an awful more outstanding than has been paid, and that may well end up being the final picture
Most of the merchants that use cashback sites pay and there is no reason as far as I am aware that Travel Supermarket will be any different. Or are you aware of some information that others are not?

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Dec 11 2017 2:18pm

kevinchess1 wrote:IN MY OPINION to grow the club we could really use a fully focused CEO who get a proper wage. If RY decided that he given it a fair shot and was to step away then who would take over?
Careful what you wish, I have every confidence that with my inherent good fortune I would put imutual back on track and leave Mr Yendal red faced.

But then of course I under...(whatever takes you fancy today) would need to be paid. There are a certain faction of imutual members who wouldn't agree to me receiving a wage.

Note
Good fortune - either you have it or you don't. Just one of those things.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Bruce
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by Bruce » Mon Dec 11 2017 2:20pm

Thunderfog wrote:But then of course I under...(whatever takes you fancy today) would need to be paid. There are a certain faction of imutual members who wouldn't agree to me receiving a wage.
Also, the company doesn't have any money to actually pay you a wage.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Dec 11 2017 11:12pm

Here's the vision:

The Vision
"The long term vision for imutual extends far beyond cashback and bargain-hunting. By rewarding members with free shares, we aim to create the UK's largest "consumer co-operative"; a powerful group of (potentially) millions of shareholders who work together for imutual benefit. Just think of any online concept: social networks, auctions, payment systems, group purchasing, even dating! With sufficient members, these can all be developed through imutual and any profits benefit you - because you own the company!"

Richard Yendall - Founder, imutual PLC

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Tue Dec 12 2017 4:50am

Boro Boy wrote:Here's the vision:

The Vision
"The long term vision for imutual extends far beyond cashback and bargain-hunting. By rewarding members with free shares, we aim to create the UK's largest "consumer co-operative"; a powerful group of (potentially) millions of shareholders who work together for imutual benefit. Just think of any online concept: social networks, auctions, payment systems, group purchasing, even dating! With sufficient members, these can all be developed through imutual and any profits benefit you - because you own the company!"

Richard Yendall - Founder, imutual PLC

You have put quotation marks where was it quoted from word for word?

https://www.journalism.co.uk/press-rele ... 6/a539428/

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Dec 12 2017 9:01am

Thunderfog wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:IN MY OPINION to grow the club we could really use a fully focused CEO who get a proper wage. If RY decided that he given it a fair shot and was to step away then who would take over?
Careful what you wish, I have every confidence that with my inherent good fortune I would put imutual back on track and leave Mr Yendal red faced.

But then of course I under...(whatever takes you fancy today) would need to be paid. There are a certain faction of imutual members who wouldn't agree to me receiving a wage.

Note
Good fortune - either you have it or you don't. Just one of those things.
I would back you getting a salary if you were in charge but it would be a set % of any net profit. So at the moment you would be getting nowt.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

fitzsimons

Post by fitzsimons » Fri Dec 22 2017 12:45pm

Is it just me? The link to the accounts on the first post just gives me a blank pro forma of the accounts.