More bad news at carillion

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

blythburgh
Posts: 14324
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 29945 times
Been thanked: 5811 times
Contact:

Re: More bad news at carillion

Post by blythburgh » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:18 am

mike wrote:
Thunderfog wrote:Essentially this is why I'm still confident in Carillion coming back into profit years down the line.
UBS have a 1p target on Carillion

http://www.iii.co.uk/articles/461200/ft ... th-just-1p
Sell whilst you can get more than 1p? Or hang on in hope?

I am not saying which I prefer of course as I am not a club member
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Derbiean
Posts: 527
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 525 times
Contact:

Re: More bad news at carillion

Post by Derbiean » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

UK's Carillion to discuss rescue with creditors on January 10

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-caril ... KKBN1EV0IK

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24225
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 3431 times
Contact:

Re: More bad news at carillion

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:04 am

Derbiean wrote:UK's Carillion to discuss rescue with creditors on January 10

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-caril ... KKBN1EV0IK
It is also under investigation by regulators over “the timeliness and content” of statements it made before it issued a profit warning in July, the first of three such warnings issued in quick succession.
Compensation for us?
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Dream on
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:16 pm
Has thanked: 3134 times
Been thanked: 424 times
Contact:

Re: More bad news at carillion

Post by Dream on » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:08 am

Thunderfog wrote:
Derbiean wrote:UK's Carillion to discuss rescue with creditors on January 10

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-caril ... KKBN1EV0IK
It is also under investigation by regulators over “the timeliness and content” of statements it made before it issued a profit warning in July, the first of three such warnings issued in quick succession.
Compensation for us?
And where would any money come from, there is none!
Thanked by: blythburgh

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24225
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 3431 times
Contact:

Re: More bad news at carillion

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:31 am

Dream on wrote:
Thunderfog wrote:
Derbiean wrote:UK's Carillion to discuss rescue with creditors on January 10

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-caril ... KKBN1EV0IK
It is also under investigation by regulators over “the timeliness and content” of statements it made before it issued a profit warning in July, the first of three such warnings issued in quick succession.
Compensation for us?
And where would any money come from, there is none!
Insurance.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Dream on
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:16 pm
Has thanked: 3134 times
Been thanked: 424 times
Contact:

Re: More bad news at carillion

Post by Dream on » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:34 am

Thunderfog wrote:
Dream on wrote:
Thunderfog wrote:Compensation for us?
And where would any money come from, there is none!
Insurance.
Well you are very optimistic, if not realistic
Thanked by: blythburgh

mike
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:01 pm
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 102 times
Contact:

Re: More bad news at carillion

Post by mike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:58 am

I have always wondered where the compensation comes from when investors are misled. It seems to me, the company ends up paying out (ie costing the small shareholders (us) ) to compensate the big shareholders who launch a class action. So we end up paying twice, when the big shareholders probably knew what was going on all along.

Does anyone know how it actually works?
Thanked by: blythburgh

Constantine
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:04 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 538 times
Contact:

Re: More bad news at carillion

Post by Constantine » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:54 pm

mike wrote:I have always wondered where the compensation comes from when investors are misled. It seems to me, the company ends up paying out (ie costing the small shareholders (us) ) to compensate the big shareholders who launch a class action. So we end up paying twice, when the big shareholders probably knew what was going on all along.

Does anyone know how it actually works?
Basically, yes, it's the company that pays. So it's the shareholders who sue and win that gain, at the expense of the rest.

But for example, in the case of RBS, it was small shareholders who sued and won over the rights issue.
Thanked by: planteria, blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 14324
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 29945 times
Been thanked: 5811 times
Contact:

Re: More bad news at carillion

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:58 am

Constantine wrote:
mike wrote:I have always wondered where the compensation comes from when investors are misled. It seems to me, the company ends up paying out (ie costing the small shareholders (us) ) to compensate the big shareholders who launch a class action. So we end up paying twice, when the big shareholders probably knew what was going on all along.

Does anyone know how it actually works?
Basically, yes, it's the company that pays. So it's the shareholders who sue and win that gain, at the expense of the rest.

But for example, in the case of RBS, it was small shareholders who sued and won over the rights issue.
But not enough small shareholders for any but the big boys to get anything IMHO
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

parchedpeas
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 353 times
Contact:

Re: More bad news at carillion

Post by parchedpeas » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:05 pm

The CLLN comeback starts here! Up 27% today :)

On a serious note, is it simply worth letting this one ride and enjoying the fireworks now?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests