50%
None of the above
8%

Total votes: 12

AAAlphaThunder

POLL: Set Vodafone Sell:Profit Tracker

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:49 pm

Dear Members and Fellow Investors

Vodafone is currently performing exceptionally well for us, more so given the short time we have held Vodafone for. Following on from the thread below we have sufficient votes to have a poll on setting the sell:profit for Vodafone.
kevinchess1 wrote:3p stop/sell on whatever the price is when the vote is concluded
Do you 2nd the motion?
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=81681

Note:
Please vote as soon as you can.
The poll will last seven days.
You can change your vote.As always comments, feedback and constructive criticism are most welcome (from non-members also). Please take part in productive discussion and have your say.

Happy investing :D :thumbup: :D

Kind Regards

Thunderfog
imutual Cashback Investment Club Secretary
i
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Beachboy

Re: POLL: Set Vodafone Sell:Profit Tracker

Post by Beachboy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Thanks for setting up the poll, however I thought we agreed we would always have a 'none of the above' as an option in our polls?
Thanked by: kevinchess1

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Just for the numbers I will not be voting because I do not feel inclined to support any of these options. I completely advocate the idea of locking in profits and having agreed selling positions set. However I think the '...whatever the price is when the vote is concluded' element of each option is flawed as this could be absolutely anything and so makes no logical sense to me. For example the share price could be just 2p more than we paid to buy the shares and so for no obvious reason this means we would sell for a loss based on all the options above if there is just a small fluctuation (which is common). Similarly I am not against selling for a loss if a stop/loss kicks in at say 15% down but see little point at potentially triggering a sale at a loss of say 2%.
Thanked by: timco

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:29 am

Beachboy wrote:Thanks for setting up the poll, however I thought we agreed we would always have a 'none of the above' as an option in our polls?
Beachboy wrote:Just for the numbers I will not be voting because I do not feel inclined to support any of these options. I completely advocate the idea of locking in profits and having agreed selling positions set. However I think the '...whatever the price is when the vote is concluded' element of each option is flawed as this could be absolutely anything and so makes no logical sense to me. For example the share price could be just 2p more than we paid to buy the shares and so for no obvious reason this means we would sell for a loss based on all the options above if there is just a small fluctuation (which is common). Similarly I am not against selling for a loss if a stop/loss kicks in at say 15% down but see little point at potentially triggering a sale at a loss of say 2%.
Thanks for your feedback. I have amended the poll - sorry that also means everyone needs to vote again as it has been reset.
Thanked by: Beachboy

kevinchess1
Sharing: 3stars.png

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:56 am

Beachboy wrote:Just for the numbers I will not be voting because I do not feel inclined to support any of these options. I completely advocate the idea of locking in profits and having agreed selling positions set. However I think the '...whatever the price is when the vote is concluded' element of each option is flawed as this could be absolutely anything and so makes no logical sense to me. For example the share price could be just 2p more than we paid to buy the shares and so for no obvious reason this means we would sell for a loss based on all the options above if there is just a small fluctuation (which is common). Similarly I am not against selling for a loss if a stop/loss kicks in at say 15% down but see little point at potentially triggering a sale at a loss of say 2%.
Valid points
However

if we didn't have a stop/loss and the price drops dramatically then we would be worse off
Politically incorrect since 69

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:11 am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Valid points
However

if we didn't have a stop/loss and the price drops dramatically then we would be worse off
I agree that a stop/loss is needed but think that is a different issue and should not get mixed up with 'locking in a profit'. As a default (as I have suggested in the CIC Future Strategy Thread) I believe a Stop/Loss should be agreed prior to and set at the time of purchase for every share.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, nickyu

kevinchess1
Sharing: 3stars.png

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:14 am

Has concluded
Politically incorrect since 69

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:39 am

At 10% profit, sell if price drops by 5p wins with 6/12, 50% of the vote.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, Beachboy