I am wearing a tag

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
pakefield

I am wearing a tag

Post by pakefield » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:49 pm

Well not so much wearing as keeping a smartphone in my pocket. Just had a series of surveys come up on the phone. Answer these question and earn. Some questions about Tesco (shopped there today), Harvest petrol station (got the petrol in the independent garage), Minsmere (RSPB Bird Reserve) obviously Big Brother does not know what it is as I was asked if they had live music there.

No, they got no answers from me but frightening how we are tracked every minute. The Govt. could do away with costly tags for criminals, just attach there phones to them.

RonFlorabud
Sharing: 2stars.png

Re: I am wearing a tag

Post by RonFlorabud » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Are these ones from Google? Asking quick questions about the places it "thinks" you have been to?

We are certainly being tracked, although I believe we can control out privacy options a bit in the settings and google account settings.

Check "Your Timeline" in Google Maps :-)
Thanked by: blythburgh

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 pm

Yeah I've noticed this my new smartphone, I find it a bit disconcerting so as Ron says i'll go through the privacy options at some point.

chrisking66

Post by chrisking66 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am

smart phones over rated, i have never used old, never will

i do all the dailys i want find blue stacks,

tho i decided long ago im better off alone

thats all smartphones are good for rigth the opsite sex

i aint even used my non smartphone in 13 months, yet i still pay for it, tho ture i only pay effiavtely .75p for 500 mins unlimit text cos im smart but ya , tho aint used any of them

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 am

pakefield wrote:...No, they got no answers from me but frightening how we are tracked every minute. The Govt. could do away with costly tags for criminals, just attach there phones to them.
Even basic mobiles can be tracked by which cell tower they are bouncing off. Least ways, that's what the FBI etc do on telly. I believe that smartphones have GPS which is more precise.And useful, if you get lost.

Lots of cars come with GPS navigation. All those self-driving cars will have them. It's the basis of any navigation system.

Big Brother is a comin'.:)

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:48 am

I will go to Southwold pier and look at the painting there of George Orwell and tell him 1984 is a coming
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:00 am

Someone offered me their old smartphone on Saturday as they were getting a new one as I have 500mb of data each month on my basic mobile which Of course I don't use. (just use the text and call allowance part) Don't want one. Don't see the need and I am a bit of a Luddite I know.
Thanked by: Dream on, blythburgh
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.