POLL: iMutual Shares

If an option to provide funds for iMutual would you invest in exchange for shares:

Poll ended at Wed Feb 14 2018 3:40pm

Yes
8%
No
92%

Total votes: 36

BeautifulSunshine

Re: POLL: iMutual Shares

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Feb 08 2018 8:12am

cccashbacklover wrote:This is where we might find out how many site IDS BoroBoy has got :lol:

First came free "C" shares then came a suggestion to possibly one day in the future buy "B" shares :lol:
Sorry i don't understand - what does it mean "This is where we might find out how many site IDS BoroBoy has got"?
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

b_m

Post by b_m » Thu Feb 08 2018 8:15am

mum23 wrote:I click for pennies.....that's it for me......have no interest in shares.....have lots of those that are already worth 4% less than they were a week ago.....and don't get me started on the USD ones.....
I think that's what most of us do here to be honest.
I do make the odd purchase when the rates are comparable, or even better, but normally on smaller amounts.

I'm not interested in shares at all, even the ones I've 'collected'. If ever there is any value to be had, then please donate to charity.

I am willing to pay an annual fee, even if just voluntary.
Controversial, but why not take say £5 per member from click payments? We are, or could be, earning in excess of £100 (easily) per year and if this site closed, that would be lost. 'Invest' a fiver to give an opportunity to gain far more free money.

I'm off to don my flak jacket. :lol:

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Feb 08 2018 8:20am

As I have said previously on one of the many threads Boro Boy has started on this issue
William Joseph1 wrote:In conjunction with the accounts is an annual report. Read that and what Richard has written since. You will see that Richard is Optimistic for the future. So much so that he is planning to return to full time work on imutual in the second half of 2018. Most of this discussion is not appropriate until then, when he will be in a position to answer and spend more time on the forums.
This Poll, this discussion is very premature in my opinion and has no validity as it has no backing from the directors of the company. Ideas and thoughts are good but if anyone does have something constructive to offer. it could have been confined to this thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=81731 for Richard to peruse at the appropriate time.
Thanked by: blythburgh

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Thu Feb 08 2018 8:46am

Thunderfog wrote:
cccashbacklover wrote:This is where we might find out how many site IDS BoroBoy has got :lol:

First came free "C" shares then came a suggestion to possibly one day in the future buy "B" shares :lol:
Sorry i don't understand - what does it mean "This is where we might find out how many site IDS BoroBoy has got"?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82285&sid=e5c3ba52e ... 0a#p209642
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Feb 08 2018 9:12am

b_m wrote:
mum23 wrote:I click for pennies.....that's it for me......have no interest in shares.......
I think that's what most of us do here to be honest.
I do make the odd purchase when the rates are comparable, or even better, but normally on smaller amounts.

I'm not interested in shares at all, even the ones I've 'collected'. If ever there is any value to be had, then please donate to charity.
Edited above posts to how I feel. But I guess the shares make it seem I really do own this site along with the rest of the shareholders. Just like my membership cards means I go to a nature reserve and feel a sense of ownership along with all the other members of the RSPB and Norfolk and Suffolk Wildlife Trusts.

Not happy about membership payment. If a voluntary one would end up with an us and them feeling. Prefer a voluntary donation to the site.

Niether of us spend a lot on the internet but do use the site when we do and are grateful for the extra money especially when it is the house and car insurance that is neing renewed.
Thanked by: b_m
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Feb 08 2018 10:45am

blythburgh wrote:
Edited above posts to how I feel. But I guess the shares make it seem I really do own this site along with the rest of the shareholders. Just like my membership cards means I go to a nature reserve and feel a sense of ownership along with all the other members of the RSPB and Norfolk and Suffolk Wildlife Trusts.

Not happy about membership payment. If a voluntary one would end up with an us and them feeling. Prefer a voluntary donation to the site.

Niether of us spend a lot on the internet but do use the site when we do and are grateful for the extra money especially when it is the house and car insurance that is neing renewed.
This is not about a membership payment. This is about in exchange for shares, equiping our beloved iMutual with funds to improve the website and advertise before it is left further behind with tecnology; it is already a cumbersome affair if you spot something in a shop and checking iMutual in the same shop.

So soon you may find our beloved iMutual not only finding it difficult to grow but also finding it difficult to stand still while it starts to shrink. I don't think even Richard will keep this website open for you with all the expenses it incurs to maintain, if shrinks and the larger retailers start to leave and where the remaining income is only from a small band of regular people who use the site more for social media and only a little on expenditure...

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Feb 08 2018 10:52am

At the mopment the income has been so great that Richard will be returing to full time work on the site. So the idea of it standing still let alone shrinking is premature to say the least. The site is growing albeit not as fast as I or Richard would like but it is growing
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Feb 08 2018 11:19am

blythburgh wrote:At the mopment the income has been so great that Richard will be returing to full time work on the site. So the idea of it standing still let alone shrinking is premature to say the least. The site is growing albeit not as fast as I or Richard would like but it is growing
Please read the accounts; we are surviving, not growing and when Richard returns he will work for nothing as there is no funds for him or for him to use to improve the website or to advertise for new members.

I would remind you what the iMutual website says:

“Our aim: to build a
powerful community of
1m+ member shareholders" - we are very far from 1 million active members

“As more people join,
imutual gets better deals
for you. And your
company grows in value.” - and the reverse is true

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Feb 08 2018 11:32am

The accounts were for a year but did not cover the ongoing period where the site is earning well from some of the recurring clicks. The last set of accounts were in the red but they are an exception rather than the norm.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Feb 08 2018 11:36am

blythburgh wrote:The accounts were for a year but did not cover the ongoing period where the site is earning well from some of the recurring clicks. The last set of accounts were in the red but they are an exception rather than the norm.
Clicks alone do not a cashback site make: "During the year, our revenues decreased by 12%"