TravelSupermarket is downloading a file

Spotted a problem on imutual? If it's not specific to your account, then post here and see if other members can help. Staff also monitor this forum and will reply as necessary
blythburgh

Re: TravelSupermarket is downloading a file

Post by blythburgh » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:26 am

Oh dear wrote:Nothing to do with virus..so no need for panic scanning..... I contacted them a few days ago as car hire wasn't working properly. It was a problem only with IE11. It fixed itself and now it looks like the've mucked up the coding again

A scan using Norton or whatever you use and then Malwarebytes is always useful. OK this time neither found anything but they have found minor stuff in the past. Usually found my Malwarebytes. We only use the free version which seems fine for us but do buy anti virus protection in the summer when it is cheaper than in January ;)
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:41 am

I got download yesterday which I cancelled and did scans :thumbdown:

Today no download for me :thumbup:

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:12 pm

just got the download again on Pricelog car hire :thumbdown:

Blaggard

Post by Blaggard » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:05 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Oh dear wrote:Nothing to do with virus..so no need for panic scanning..... I contacted them a few days ago as car hire wasn't working properly. It was a problem only with IE11. It fixed itself and now it looks like the've mucked up the coding again

A scan using Norton or whatever you use and then Malwarebytes is always useful. OK this time neither found anything but they have found minor stuff in the past. Usually found my Malwarebytes. We only use the free version which seems fine for us but do buy anti virus protection in the summer when it is cheaper than in January ;)

Its not about how useful a scan is.. its about posting ill-informed statements that everybody should do a scan as if there is some terrible virus about to strike when its a simple coding issue. And if your PC is set up correctly there is never any need to do a manual scan anyway.

b_m

Post by b_m » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:53 am

pabenny wrote:Nothing at all tracked for me yesterday at TCB. Weekend tracking is sometimes delayed over there.
Tracking has been updated this morning.

Maybe someone at T Towers switched off the T tracking machine in error?
I'd blame that Matt! Always getting it wrong! :lol:

I was more concerned with a £100+ purchase! Showing now and saves a lengthy, lengthy claim!

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:26 am

Blaggard wrote: Its not about how useful a scan is.. its about posting ill-informed statements that everybody should do a scan as if there is some terrible virus about to strike when its a simple coding issue.
Not everyone is a computer expert. If you click on a link and something downloads onto your PC or laptop most people will have concerns
Thanked by: blythburgh, dustie

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:36 pm

expressman33 wrote:
Blaggard wrote: Its not about how useful a scan is.. its about posting ill-informed statements that everybody should do a scan as if there is some terrible virus about to strike when its a simple coding issue.
Not everyone is a computer expert. If you click on a link and something downloads onto your PC or laptop most people will have concerns
It didnt actually download anything onto anyones PC/Laptop, most people would know to ignore such a situation and/or to google the potential problem hence the apparent lack of concerned responses/posts on this thread

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:45 pm

cccashbacklover wrote:
It didnt actually download anything onto anyones PC/Laptop,
It downloaded a file to my PC

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:57 pm

expressman33 wrote:
cccashbacklover wrote:
It didnt actually download anything onto anyones PC/Laptop,
It downloaded a file to my PC

It gave me the option to "save" or "cancel" :?
Thanked by: mum23
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....