pointless saying that then! :shock:

blythburgh

Re: From the thread of the same name:

Post by blythburgh » Sun Apr 08 2018 8:12am

Boro Boy wrote:
pakefield wrote:Pointless poll and thread so refuse to vote
pointless saying that then! :shock:
No it is not
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sun Apr 08 2018 8:25am

Oh yes it is

Sorry - what was the question?
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Apr 08 2018 9:28am

pabenny wrote:Oh yes it is

Nice one, after all this thread is a pantomine one
Thanked by: RonFlorabud
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Apr 08 2018 11:51am

blythburgh wrote:
pabenny wrote:Oh yes it is

Nice one, after all this thread is a pantomine one

Yes and there are so many pantomime characters joining in!

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Sun Apr 08 2018 2:05pm

No view - would have liked to answer 'Neither of the above'.

Whilst I think it is right that people are able to defend themselves and their property, I do not think it right, in these circumstances, to praise the man for killing someone.

Yes if the dead man were a terrorist, and by killing him it ultimately saved many other lives, then praised may be deserved, but in this case there were no 'winners' and thus no praise deserved.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Apr 09 2018 7:53am

What has appalled and sickened me is the fact that according to MSN someone has anonymously left a floral tribute to the criminal outside the house of the homeowner.

I hope the police removed them. The FB post from his family is understandable but to leave the flowers was a step to far. He was a professional burglar who caused untold misery but his family and friends saw a different side to him of course.

The homeowner has been released without charge and in due course more details of what happened will be heard at the inevitable inquest into the death of the burglar.

But I do get a bit sick of how criminals are glorified. Look at the way the Kray brothers have been made to look decent caring men. The horrendous violence they perpetrated is glossed over. The decent law abiding business people who had to hand over some of their hard earned money to "protect" their premises from being attacked. Attacked by the Kray gang if they did not pay up of course are never heard from.

I saw on the TV news recently a family attack the sentence handed down on a driver who caused the death of some of his passengers due to his speeding and poor driving. They felt it was far too lenient but the young people chose to get in the car, probably encouraging the driver to break the speed limit. And the real sentence for the driver is that he has to live for the rest of his life knowing he is alive and his friends are dead because he was behind the wheel.

It is about time the families and friends of "victims" looked long and hard at the whole picture.
Thanked by: Boro Boy

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Mon Apr 09 2018 9:36am

Boro Boy wrote:Imagine you were ther having your home violated by an armed robber and another culpret what would you want people to vote for you!?!
Ah, so it's not an open question of what we think about the case in the news recently?

You actually want us to imagine a terrifying incident in our own home, and vote to indicate how frightened and angry we feel by transferring those emotions into the newspaper story about a different incident.
You don't want us to imagine how we would actually feel, or to comment on the newspaper story, but instead to concentrate on the fear aspect and the emotions most likely to lead to a result of 'Praised'.

Boro Boy, I would advise against the judiciary as a career, but politics or tabloid journalism may provide you with extensive employment opportunities.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Richard Frost

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Apr 09 2018 10:13am

blythburgh wrote:What has appalled and sickened me is the fact that according to MSN someone has anonymously left a floral tribute to the criminal outside the house of the homeowner.

I hope the police removed them. The FB post from his family is understandable but to leave the flowers was a step to far. He was a professional burglar who caused untold misery but his family and friends saw a different side to him of course.

The homeowner has been released without charge and in due course more details of what happened will be heard at the inevitable inquest into the death of the burglar.

But I do get a bit sick of how criminals are glorified. Look at the way the Kray brothers have been made to look decent caring men. The horrendous violence they perpetrated is glossed over. The decent law abiding business people who had to hand over some of their hard earned money to "protect" their premises from being attacked. Attacked by the Kray gang if they did not pay up of course are never heard from.

I saw on the TV news recently a family attack the sentence handed down on a driver who caused the death of some of his passengers due to his speeding and poor driving. They felt it was far too lenient but the young people chose to get in the car, probably encouraging the driver to break the speed limit. And the real sentence for the driver is that he has to live for the rest of his life knowing he is alive and his friends are dead because he was behind the wheel.

It is about time the families and friends of "victims" looked long and hard at the whole picture.

...my vote for post of the day! :thumbup: