Maddie, Corrie, Alfie and ?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Maddie, Corrie, Alfie and ?

Post by blythburgh » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 am

Madeleine McCann is kidnapped and despite no leads seemingly even hope the British police still work on the case despite the cost.

Corrie McKeague was serving with the RAF until he went missing on drunken night out. His body has never been found. A mix up over the weight of a refuse lorry contents meant the relevant refuse dump was not searched for some weeks. It has now had two massive police searches of the rubbish but no body has been found although everything points to the fact that he climbed in a commercial refuse truck and was killed and buried in the landfill by the unsuspecting refuse lorry driver.

The search for Corrie has cost Suffolk police well over £1 million.

Alfie Evans has spent his short tragic life in hospital. When the Doctors realised the best thing was to let him die naturally was challenged by the parents the cost of hospital treatment and court time has cost the country a huge amount.

Is there ever a time when we should give up on the missing and the tragically terminally ill baby?

These three cases have generated huge amount of media coverage and cost the national purse a huge amount.

But many, many others go missing every year and little time or money is spent compared to Maddie and Corrie but for their families the pain is no less,

Evey year babies are born and the parents have to make the heartbreaking decision that nothing more can be done and agree that the babies suffering must end.

But for what ever reason the families of the missing and the sick babies do not get media coverage and so the pain for the families goes unnoticed by all but those close to them.

And Police and hospital resources are denied to those who have not got the media to shout for them. Alfie is taking up a bed that another baby could be using to have treatment that will improve their lives but that treatment is on hold until a bed is available.

Nothing is ever black and white is it? Much as my heart goes out to the families of Maddie, Corrie and Alfie I cannot help but feel they have cost the rest of us too much money. Money that could have been spent on solving other crimes or looking for other missing people. Or treating other babies in need of hospital treatment. Am I being heartless in not caring enough for those whose name I know or caring too much for those whose name I do not know?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1

Re: Maddie, Corrie, Alfie and ?

Post by William Joseph1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:38 am

Far too much public money is wasted. Not just on these things but on Public enquiries where things happened 30 40 years ago. At some stage life needs to move on and we have to say enough is enough.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

kevinchess1
Sharing: 3stars.png

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Agreed
How Much money has been spent on Operation Yewtree?
And how many people have been charged/convicted because of it?
One thing I do know for sure Jimmy Saville STILL DEAD!
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:55 am

I do not know how many have been charged from Operation Yewtree but I regularly hear on the regional news or in the regional newspaper of people convicted of child abuse that happened many years ago.

Operation Yewtree gave the victims the courage to talk about the abuse they suffered often for the first time in their lives and to go to the police.

For those victims justice has been done and hopefully being able to discuss it with those closest to them will help with the healing process.

Not all the victims who have come forward are involved in Operation Yewtree but it gave them the feeling they would be listened to.

Sadly some of the "victims" have been liars out for publicity and a payout for the alleged abuse that never happened. But some evil teens and adults have always made false allegations just because they dislike the person they accused for whatever reason.

So I feel this is money that has been well spent. I know 5 victims of sexual abuse, 4 within the family and only the one person who has survived unscathed is the one for whom the attacker was a stranger. Probably because they could talk about it at the time and no-one in the family was involved.
Thanked by: emsky, adamred6, Dream on, dustie
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:48 am

The ones that usually make the most out of these situations are the "Legal" people( lawyers , solicitors)
Thanked by: emsky, RonFlorabud, adamred6, dustie

RonFlorabud
Sharing: 1star.png

Post by RonFlorabud » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:30 am

As regard to poor Alfie, enough is enough. His entire 16 months on life support in a "semi-vegetative" state. I respect the doctors, surgeons and professionals opinions in this. As to whether his parents should be allowed to get him treated in Italy for miracle treatment - I think they should, but at their expense. It is their child. He has had the best care possible in the UK for 16 months already - if there's nothing that can be done, it is very sad, but such is life.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, dustie