RIP Baroness Tessa Jowell

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

RIP Baroness Tessa Jowell

Post by blythburgh » Sun May 13, 2018 9:34 am

Pollitically her greatest achievement was bringing the Olympics to London.

But surely her greatest speech was the one she gave in the House of Lords last year.

A brave lady who will be sadly missed but I hope we continue to work towards a time where the end of days is as good as it can be for those suffering from cancer or any other illness or just old age. The Doctor said he put a medical term on the death certificate but really his body had just worn out.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

TattyBear

Re: RIP Baroness Tessa Jowell

Post by TattyBear » Sun May 13, 2018 11:36 am

A shame she's gone. She was one of Bliar's more likeable New Liebour cronies who actually did some good with her efforts to bring the Olympics to London.

macliam

Post by macliam » Sun May 13, 2018 12:18 pm

TattyBear wrote:A shame she's gone. She was one of Bliar's more likeable New Liebour cronies who actually did some good with her efforts to bring the Olympics to London.
A back-handed compliment and full of bile, but we'll salvage what we can. There are those on the left-wing of the Labour party who might also echo those words, because Tessa was a social democrat and saw Blair's victory as a chance to put an alternative politics in place. She was a tough and uncompromising politician, maybe not tough enough to climb the greasy pole herself, but the kind of loyal lieutenant necessary to support a government without looking for personal advancement. Would that we had some more of those amongst the current nest of vipers - on both sides.

I'm sorry to see her go, but hope that the end was fairly painless.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Thanked by: Dream on
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon May 14, 2018 9:02 am

macliam wrote:I'm sorry to see her go, but hope that the end was fairly painless.
It was a good death according to her family. And we must be grateful for that and push for more people to have a good death.
Thanked by: Dream on
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler