POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Poll ended at Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:26 am

Applied Graphene Materials [AGM]
2
14%
Braemar Shipping [BMS]
3
21%
Cineworld [CINE]
9
64%
None of the above
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 14

garindan
Posts: 1840
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 950 times
Been thanked: 1145 times
Contact:

Re: POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Post by garindan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:58 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:Sounds to me as if there might be a question mark on the appetite for a riskier shares portfiolio.
I was ..... just pointing out what seems to me to be obvious.
I'm not so sure what you say is true, if I'm honest. What I do think it shows is members prefer what could be classed as the least risk share when presented with a choice.

For example:

If members did not want to buy riskier shares they could have voted none of the above in the first poll, but the vast majority didn't do that.

Medica won the first poll and was the least risky of the three (in my opinion).

The second poll saw Ocado pull ahead until we reset the intent - with Ocado being the least risky of all choices (in my opinion).

In the latest poll Cineworld is ahead but once again - this is the least risk share (in my opinion).
Thanked by: kevinchess1
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Derbiean
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 202 times
Been thanked: 477 times
Contact:

Re: POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Post by Derbiean » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Thing is garindan the suggestions that have been put forward are classed as higher risk yet it seems you're suggesting they're not high risk enough however you don't seem to offer any kind of definition (nor does anyone else) criteria or however you want to phrase it, I admit i know little of the investment field so mostly I'm going in blind and reliant on tips from share.com (with the exception of Ocado) as I get no feedback from here beyond the "I'd like something more interesting".

So after this, I'm not inclined to waste any further time making suggestions.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, garindan

garindan
Posts: 1840
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 950 times
Been thanked: 1145 times
Contact:

Re: POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Post by garindan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Derbiean wrote:Thing is garindan the suggestions that have been put forward are classed as higher risk yet it seems you're suggesting they're not high risk enough however you don't seem to offer any kind of definition (nor does anyone else) criteria or however you want to phrase it, I admit i know little of the investment field so mostly I'm going in blind and reliant on tips from share.com (with the exception of Ocado) as I get no feedback from here beyond the "I'd like something more interesting".

So after this, I'm not inclined to waste any further time making suggestions.
Please don't feel that way - your suggestions are very welcome. However, we shouldn't really be looking at the FTSE 100/250/350 companies for a higher risk fund that is looking to make significant gains rather than income via dividends. The riskier markets and shares with much smaller market capitalisation is where the much bigger gains (and losses) members have expressed wishes to look for can be found.
Thanked by: Derbiean
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

an6ypan6y
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 184 times
Contact:

Re: POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Post by an6ypan6y » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:53 am

For me it's Cineworld - not very risky and a decent dividend but I can't see any underlying reason to go for the other 2.

AGM are not in profit and their revenue is teeny for a PLC and how many people have heard of their flagship customer Fenyr?

BMS look healthy and forward looking (employee share plan) but look like we missed the boat last month - maybe one to keep an eye on.

Derbiean
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 202 times
Been thanked: 477 times
Contact:

Re: POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Post by Derbiean » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:27 pm

garindan wrote:
Derbiean wrote:Thing is garindan the suggestions that have been put forward are classed as higher risk yet it seems you're suggesting they're not high risk enough however you don't seem to offer any kind of definition (nor does anyone else) criteria or however you want to phrase it, I admit i know little of the investment field so mostly I'm going in blind and reliant on tips from share.com (with the exception of Ocado) as I get no feedback from here beyond the "I'd like something more interesting".

So after this, I'm not inclined to waste any further time making suggestions.
Please don't feel that way - your suggestions are very welcome. However, we shouldn't really be looking at the FTSE 100/250/350 companies for a higher risk fund that is looking to make significant gains rather than income via dividends. The riskier markets and shares with much smaller market capitalisation is where the much bigger gains (and losses) members have expressed wishes to look for can be found.
That is helpful thanks garindan, felt a bit frustrated yesterday, i'll take on onboard what you've put for next time :thumbup:
Thanked by: garindan

kevinchess1
Posts: 21684
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:02 pm
Sharing: 5stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12152 times
Been thanked: 15510 times
Contact:

Re: POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:22 pm

It’s probably All academic anyway after our next purchase we won’t have the money to buy anything else
Politically incorrect since 69

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23695
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 3266 times
Contact:

Re: POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 am

The poll has closed with 64%, 9 out of 14 (two votes not cast) in favour of Cineworld [CINE].

Treasurer, please execute the transaction in accordance with the terms and conditions as agreed by the imutual Cashback Investment Club.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

richard@imutual
Posts: 4426
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:19 am
Sharing: 4stars.png
Has thanked: 1824 times
Been thanked: 4001 times
Contact:

Re: POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Post by richard@imutual » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:46 am

How much are we investing?

garindan
Posts: 1840
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 950 times
Been thanked: 1145 times
Contact:

Re: POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Post by garindan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:07 pm

richard@imutual wrote:How much are we investing?
£525
Thanked by: kevinchess1
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

richard@imutual
Posts: 4426
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:19 am
Sharing: 4stars.png
Has thanked: 1824 times
Been thanked: 4001 times
Contact:

Re: POLL BUY: Applied Graphene Materials v Braemar Shipping v Cineworld

Post by richard@imutual » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Ok. I was too late for today but have placed an order to purchase £525 of Cineworld when the market opens tomorrow

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests