Trump visit and that "baby"

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

Trump visit and that "baby"

Post by blythburgh » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:57 am

I really am appalled at the idea of the baby flying over London. Surely the protestors could do so in a more adult way.

Do not think I have anything good to say about Trump but we have welcomed far nastier politicians with a state visit.
Thanked by: Oggy, RonFlorabud
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

RonFlorabud
Sharing: 2stars.png

Re: Trump visit and that "baby"

Post by RonFlorabud » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Give the UK chumps some freedom and this is the best they can come up with. A total disgrace and shameful for our country. Childish isn't even the start - how much did the baby cost to produce??????? Clearly there are a few that have far too much. [have removed this as a few imutual members clearly don't have a sense of humour]. We should be honoured that the President of the United States (or any other country) should wish to visit us.
Last edited by RonFlorabud on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanked by: blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:27 pm

RonFlorabud wrote:Give the UK chumps some freedom and this is the best they can come up with. A total disgrace and shameful for our country. Childish isn't even the start - how much did the baby cost to produce??????? Clearly there are a few that have far too much. In my opinion the only things that should be blown up are the worthless protestors. We should be honoured that the President of the United States (or any other country) should wish to visit us.

[no doubt many imutualisers will consider my post offensive and negative!]
No, just sickening, in my opinion.

WTF has it got to do with you how much the blimp cost? You are not being asked to contribute. What is shameful is sucking up to a misogynistic bully just because he happens to be POTUS and after the has just stuck up two tiny fingers to the rest of the developed world by destroying consensus on climate change, the status of Jerusalem, the treatment of immigrants and trade. Has he got to personally kick you where it hurts before you see him for what he is?

If you want to kiss Trump's arse, you are welcome, but others do not and it has been made abundantly clear that he is not welcome, yet he is still coming. They know well that the narcissistic egotistical liar will not listen to reason, but will hate the idea of the blimp and the publicity it will cause, so that's their ploy - he can then try to explain it away on Fox news and twitter as a Muslim extremist plot.

Americans are welcome, their President is welcome, Trump is not.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

RonFlorabud
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by RonFlorabud » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:33 pm

Love it!

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:47 pm

RonFlorabud wrote:In my opinion the only things that should be blown up are the worthless protestors.
RonFlorabud wrote:no doubt many imutualisers will consider my post offensive and negative!
Yes.
Wanting to blow up non-violent protesters is not even at the top of the slippery slope. It is quite near the bottom. Perhaps someone disagrees with your opinions, but not your methods - is it ok to blow you up too?
Thanked by: blythburgh

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:59 am

I support the balloon, it's legitimate protest - an accurate and very apt likeness too! :thumbup:
macliam wrote:WTF has it got to do with you how much the blimp cost? You are not being asked to contribute.
Unlike the vast cost of Trump's fleeting visit, which is setting back UK taxpayers up to £5 million just for policing him to play a round of golf at one of his clubs in Scotland:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44698176
Thanked by: blythburgh, RonFlorabud

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:00 am

Much as I hate Trump we have not done this to any other Politician and we have some even more unsavoury than Trump getting a state visit.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:11 am

blythburgh wrote:Much as I hate Trump we have not done this to any other Politician and we have some even more unsavoury than Trump getting a state visit.
I think the difference is:
  • Trump has caught the public's attention more because we considered America an ally and friend, so we're a bit more pissed off about his actions.
  • Some of the other dictators came from countries where they have a record of human rights abuses, so we're naturalised to how they act and less surprised by it.
  • Often the other heads of state can't be voted out, so comical protests don't count for much.
  • Trump on the other hand has been lampooned so much that this blimp just blends into the global narrative.
  • Other heads of state haven't personally offended the Mayor of London.
Thanked by: blythburgh, macliam

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:13 am

POTUS is often described as "the leader of the free world" or even "the world's most powerful man"(sic). He's got a higher profile on the world stage than any of those visiting dictators, a role that is more directly influential for the UK and Trump in particular is more newsworthy than usual for POTUS (due to all the reasons we know only too well).

There have been protests at other unsavoury visitors, of course, but I don't see why anyone would be surprised at the expected reaction to Trump visiting the UK if they've been aware of his behaviour for the past 2-3 years.

The balloon is only going to fly over parliament square for a couple of hours, so a really pleasing aspect of this protest is that it's being given so much more "oxygen of publicity" by Trump supporters themselves!

planteria

Post by planteria » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:00 am

pathetic, and like a lot of things reflects on all of us rather than just the goons involved.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud, blythburgh