How did you join imutual?

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

How did you join imutual?

Post by blythburgh » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:50 am

I was a member of a long dead site called Pointsvine many years ago where we talked about stuff but especially where we could earn money.

One lady said she was a Brit now living in Bali and nice to have a group she could talk to. Gloria has since built up her charity helping the poorest people in her area of Bali. And I have been sending her money twice a year since.

Another person called Richard joined and said he had set up his own website called RPoints. Naturally I joined and then joined imutual when Rich formed it and have so the pair of us have been growing older together over the years. And very good for my bank balance it has been.

So no nice friend or advert has sent me on the imutual journey but I have introduced others
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Re: How did you join imutual?

Post by macliam » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:17 am

I was a member of Quidditch from 2006, when it claimed to be a "Cashback cooperative" with an active forum. I then joined Topcat, which was the free to use "also ran" at the time. I looked at a few other CB sites and tried one or two, but they either seemed to be scams or the offers were insufficiently attractive to me.

Then Quidditch started to change and become the monolith it is now -all talk of "cooperative" gone. Topcat hit issues with fundamental changes and the failure to chase merchant offers (insurance) - then started to copy Quidditch in terms of paid access, etc. I lost a couple of fairly large payments on both sites and became frustrated at the lack of response and eventual suppression of the forums. So my use of the sites dropped off - to the point where I started to look around for an alternative.

I really don't remember what it was that caused me to try imutual, but it seemed to be the answer to the issues I had with the other two. Actually, the response to queries and overall "feel" of the site was better than the others had been and the forums were not purely focused on offers and issues with cashback. So I changed to use imutual as my primary site and only use the others if they have offers that imutual can't duplicate - and even then I allow imutual a large margin, because I actually trust that I will see my cashback at the end of the day - a confidence I had lost with the other two, having missed out on fairly large cashback payments (remember the days of the big insurance offers ? ;))
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

MrsXfile

Post by MrsXfile » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:42 am

I joined after seeing a thread about imutual on an MSE forum.

I was already on Quidco and TCB but like macliam had had a few disappointments over declined cashback there. I'm still on the others but only for the Travelsupermarket and Skyscanner dailies. I much prefer imutual as I like the forums and I feel much more confident that cashback will be paid.

planteria

Post by planteria » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:07 pm

original CBer :thumbup:.
Thanked by: expressman33, blythburgh

kevinchess1
Sharing: 3stars.png

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:50 pm

Follow Richard over from Rpoints
Now my primary site
and it is V rare to use anyone else
Thanked by: Oggy, expressman33, blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:Follow Richard over from Rpoints
Now my primary site
Ditto. :thumbup:

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Oggy wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:Follow Richard over from Rpoints
Now my primary site
Ditto. :thumbup:
double ditto :thumbup:
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

pakefield

Post by pakefield » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Nagged into joining by guess who
Thanked by: expressman33

Phil85

Post by Phil85 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:46 pm

Rpoints first ever cashback site I joined (so long ago, can't remember why)
Then joined lots of other 50% cashback sites (about 10 I think) for the daily clicks
Then joined the 100% ones (QC, TCB and Rpoints own Cashback Kings)
Then Rpoints went and the "new concept" looked interesting so I followed onto Imutual (50th member)
Then much like has been described I had some bad experiences with the "Big 2" and now mostly use Imutual unless there is a very good reason not too (merchant isn't here or cashback significantly higher elsewhere)
Thanked by: expressman33, blythburgh

Antony1606

Post by Antony1606 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:10 am

Phil85 wrote:Rpoints first ever cashback site I joined (so long ago, can't remember why)
Then joined lots of other 50% cashback sites (about 10 I think) for the daily clicks
Then joined the 100% ones (QC, TCB and Rpoints own Cashback Kings)
Then Rpoints went and the "new concept" looked interesting so I followed onto Imutual (50th member)
Then much like has been described I had some bad experiences with the "Big 2" and now mostly use Imutual unless there is a very good reason not too (merchant isn't here or cashback significantly higher elsewhere)
Almost ditto although I was barred from Q because of their assumption I was over using dailies (Kelkoo from memory)

I never ever got a payout from them - I've made about £100 from TCB but can't really rememebr the last time I logged on

I've made about 11k from rpoints/CBK and Imutual and don't intend going anywhere else
Thanked by: blythburgh