Suggestions Invited for Our Next "High-Risk" Buy

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

pieman

Re: Suggestions Invited for Our Next "High-Risk" Buy

Post by pieman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:43 pm

Looking at how well some of these shares have performed seems to be a good plan.

Also, if this was not already what you were thinking, it may be an idea to compare tipsters from different sources to see which one is the most effective at tipping good shares.
Thanked by: garindan, blythburgh, Beachboy

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:20 am

pieman wrote:Looking at how well some of these shares have performed seems to be a good plan.

Also, if this was not already what you were thinking, it may be an idea to compare tipsters from different sources to see which one is the most effective at tipping good shares.
Most definitely - identify the tipster, collate share tips from the last 6 months and then see how well they have performed. What I think might be good is instead of underdog, or whatever name he goes by now...., doing the current weekly watch list is that he changes focus and tracks the progress of shares from the tipsters we identify.

It sounds like a good plan but I have no idea how often these tipsters express their recommendations and how many tipsters we should be looking at... so I have no idea how big a piece of work we could be looking at here.

I guess the first action is for us to identify the sources of tips and go from there....
Thanked by: blythburgh, Beachboy
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:09 pm

garindan wrote:
pieman wrote:Most definitely - identify the tipster, collate share tips from the last 6 months and then see how well they have performed. What I think might be good is instead of underdog, or whatever name he goes by now...., doing the current weekly watch list is that he changes focus and tracks the progress of shares from the tipsters we identify.
If that's what members want certainly I can do that.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

pieman

Post by pieman » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:51 pm

Sounds a good plan to me

but I guess there is the question of which tipster sites to access

Just a quick google brings up the Telegraph and the Motley Fool as being quite frequent tipsters - but I am sure all the newspapers have them to a greater or lesser degree.