Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

Offers and promotions that don't cost you a penny
Richard Frost

Re: Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Sep 25 2018 6:14pm

Tandem Bank is not currently listed on the Stock Exchange. So its shares are not publicly tradeable. Therefore they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them if you can find a buyer and if the conditions of the share allow them to be transferred. A bit like imutual with no known value.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0862 ... house-data

According to this https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/comp ... ey-limited there are only 99 shareholders so not many took up the offer of a free share. Unless these are a special class of share in some way. In which case they will be even more difficult to sell. I suspect like most of these get rich schemes they are pretty much worthless. But like imutual no harm in anyone sitting on them in hope.
Co-Founder Community
Tandem was established and built with the help of a group of customers which the bank calls "co-founders". Tandem expanded its formerly invite-only co-founder group by asking members of the public to join in April 2016 during a short sign-up window.[10] As part of becoming a co-founder, 5% of the company stock was promised to co-founders in return for helping to grow the Tandem bank community and participating in market research, but at present, the bank is still operating a waitlist for potential customers, as above.[11][12] Tandem held a crowdfunding round in May 2016[13]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandem_Money_Limited
Thanked by: Boro Boy, Kelantan

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Sep 25 2018 6:32pm

William Joseph1 wrote:Tandem Bank is not currently listed on the Stock Exchange. So its shares are not publicly tradeable. Therefore they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them if you can find a buyer and if the conditions of the share allow them to be transferred. A bit like imutual with no known value.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0862 ... house-data

According to this https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/comp ... ey-limited there are only 99 shareholders so not many took up the offer of a free share. Unless these are a special class of share in some way. In which case they will be even more difficult to sell. I suspect like most of these get rich schemes they are pretty much worthless. But no harm in anyone sitting on them in hope.
Co-Founder Community
Tandem was established and built with the help of a group of customers which the bank calls "co-founders". Tandem expanded its formerly invite-only co-founder group by asking members of the public to join in April 2016 during a short sign-up window.[10] As part of becoming a co-founder, 5% of the company stock was promised to co-founders in return for helping to grow the Tandem bank community and participating in market research, but at present, the bank is still operating a waitlist for potential customers, as above.[11][12] Tandem held a crowdfunding round in May 2016[13]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandem_Money_Limited

I just wondered how they achieved the original £75 balance and if that had changed positively?

But I guess it doesn't hurt gathering dust in the bottom drawer... :think:

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Sep 25 2018 7:03pm

Boro Boy wrote:I just wondered how they achieved the original £75 balance...
Probably a projection of the value 3 or 5 years after issue based on a whole range of optimistic assumptions about grant of a banking license, cash investment by other shareholders, market share gained, ability to sell multiple products to customers, level of costs, level of bad debts, etc etc.

Or in other words, it was made up.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Sep 25 2018 8:38pm

Reminds me of my great aunt
Ethel
Politically incorrect since 69

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Sep 25 2018 8:40pm

Boro Boy wrote:It's been a little while since I asked the initial question and I never seem to have received a clear reply so its worth asking again of those of you who took up the offer of the free share: What is the current value/position of your free Tandem Bank share?
I took up the offer but have no idea.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Sep 25 2018 9:07pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:It's been a little while since I asked the initial question and I never seem to have received a clear reply so its worth asking again of those of you who took up the offer of the free share: What is the current value/position of your free Tandem Bank share?
I thought the offer was that you got a share on the basis the bank would contact you with surveys on service and they would ask you about developing products etc...? :eh:

Have they not been in contact with you since you took up the offer?

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Tue Sep 25 2018 9:26pm

This bank offers a decent credit card, which charges no monthly or currency fees and pays 0.5% cashback. Whether or not it'll ever actually make them any profit, who knows!

https://www.tandem.co.uk/credit-card
Thanked by: kevinchess1

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Sep 26 2018 6:08am

Boro Boy wrote:
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
I thought the offer was that you got a share on the basis the bank would contact you with surveys on service and they would ask you about developing products etc...? :eh:

Have they not been in contact with you since you took up the offer?
I've never heard from them again. Maybe others' have?
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Wed Sep 26 2018 8:15am

Boro Boy wrote:I thought the offer was that you got a share on the basis the bank would contact you with surveys on service and they would ask you about developing products etc...?
That sounds like an interpretation of claims that they would partner with customers to develop products or the other bs that businesses come up with to explain or justify their actions.
Last edited by pabenny on Wed Sep 26 2018 8:19am, edited 1 time in total.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Wed Sep 26 2018 8:18am

Sarah wrote:This bank offers a decent credit card..
They're also offering fixed rate savings at 2% for a year, which seems to be about as good as you can get in the market.