Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

Offers and promotions that don't cost you a penny
Bruce
Sharing: 2stars.png

Re: Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

Post by Bruce » Wed Sep 26 2018 9:02am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:
AAAlphaThunder wrote:I took up the offer but have no idea.
I thought the offer was that you got a share on the basis the bank would contact you with surveys on service and they would ask you about developing products etc...? :eh:

Have they not been in contact with you since you took up the offer?
I've never heard from them again. Maybe others' have?
Same here. Nothing whatsoever about the share or how to get hold of it.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Sep 26 2018 1:59pm

Bruce wrote: Same here. Nothing whatsoever about the share or how to get hold of it.

Well apparently shareholders are "co-founders" and Tandem Bank says:

"Co-Founders, you are the bedrock of Tandem. The seeds, builders, and the critics. Over 10,000 of you came together to invent and implement Tandem. You helped name us. You shared breakfast with us. You came to the events with us. You told us when Tandem was doing good and when Tandem could do better.
Because it isn't you and us, it's we: Co-Founders, always
..."

How was breakfast??? :wtf:

See: https://www.tandem.co.uk/co-founders/

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Wed Sep 26 2018 2:06pm

No breakfast invite :(

I do have an email from them though
Yesss! You did it… You’re officially a Tandem Co-Founder and shareholder in our bank (Go ahead, crack open the champers and celebrate).

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Sep 26 2018 2:18pm

Bruce wrote:No breakfast invite :(

I do have an email from them though
Yesss! You did it… You’re officially a Tandem Co-Founder and shareholder in our bank (Go ahead, crack open the champers and celebrate).

Oh I see... It was a champagne breakfast; just that you ended up paying for the champers and breakfasted alone...!?! :roll:

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Sep 26 2018 2:21pm

William Joseph1 wrote:Tandem Bank is not currently listed on the Stock Exchange. So its shares are not publicly tradeable. Therefore they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them if you can find a buyer and if the conditions of the share allow them to be transferred. A bit like imutual with no known value.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0862 ... house-data

According to this https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/comp ... ey-limited there are only 99 shareholders so not many took up the offer of a free share. Unless these are a special class of share in some way. In which case they will be even more difficult to sell. I suspect like most of these get rich schemes they are pretty much worthless. But like imutual no harm in anyone sitting on them in hope.
Co-Founder Community
Tandem was established and built with the help of a group of customers which the bank calls "co-founders". Tandem expanded its formerly invite-only co-founder group by asking members of the public to join in April 2016 during a short sign-up window.[10] As part of becoming a co-founder, 5% of the company stock was promised to co-founders in return for helping to grow the Tandem bank community and participating in market research, but at present, the bank is still operating a waitlist for potential customers, as above.[11][12] Tandem held a crowdfunding round in May 2016[13]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandem_Money_Limited

Interesting... It says there are 10,000 (not 99) co-founder shareholders on their web-site!?!

See: https://www.tandem.co.uk/co-founders/

Who to believe...??? :wtf:

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Wed Sep 26 2018 4:25pm

Boro Boy wrote:.. It says there are 10,000 (not 99) co-founder shareholders on their web-site...
It doesn't say the "co-founders" are shareholders.
Tandem wrote:Over 10,000 [co-founders] came together to invent and implement Tandem. You helped name us. You shared breakfast with us. You came to the events with us. You told us when Tandem was doing good and when Tandem could do better.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Wed Sep 26 2018 4:36pm

According to filings at Companies House, there are around 180 shareholders. Richard said earliy in this thread that he'd signed up and his name doesn't appear on the share register.

I didn't sign up, so I can't directly comment on what was promised or what was provided. But if you want to know the current status, why not contact Tandem directly and report back.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Sep 26 2018 4:53pm

pabenny wrote:According to filings at Companies House, there are around 180 shareholders. Richard said earliy in this thread that he'd signed up and his name doesn't appear on the share register.

I didn't sign up, so I can't directly comment on what was promised or what was provided. But if you want to know the current status, why not contact Tandem directly and report back.

...don't think they are going to tell me a lot, I'm not a shareholder either but I would welcome insight from those who are shareholders.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Sep 26 2018 4:54pm

pabenny wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:.. It says there are 10,000 (not 99) co-founder shareholders on their web-site...
It doesn't say the "co-founders" are shareholders.
Tandem wrote:Over 10,000 [co-founders] came together to invent and implement Tandem. You helped name us. You shared breakfast with us. You came to the events with us. You told us when Tandem was doing good and when Tandem could do better.
Check out Bruce's comments above (and below)...
Last edited by Boro Boy on Wed Sep 26 2018 8:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Wed Sep 26 2018 5:10pm

I contacted them earlier today, awaiting a response.

Some of the documents on Companies House refer to "Founder Shares". I can't see any mention of who these are allocated to or what rights the shares give. But I have no share certificate or idea of how many shares I actually have.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan