Could this stop Politicians delitberately lying to us?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Could this stop Politicians delitberately lying to us?

Post by blythburgh » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:01 am

We all know Johnson lied through his teeth with the Bus NHS promise and now someone wants to do something about it:

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/kath ... -1.3641156

Of course some Politicians say things which in time they and we realise were lies though at the time they thought they were making a true statement. But some knowingly lie through their teeth and get away with it most of the time.
Thanked by: gle1975, Dream on
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1

Re: Could this stop Politicians delitberately lying to us?

Post by William Joseph1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm

If Marcus J Ball has the money to do this, then good luck to him. Personally I am not sure it makes a lot of difference to the way politics are in the world at this time.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

ukrussian

Post by ukrussian » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Marcus, a friend of mine, does not have the money just a burning passion about the injustice done to the whole country by the behaviour of a few high profile liars during the referendum.

Which is why he has so far spent over 2 years of his life working on this prosecution case which on the face of it is a very compelling one.

He is funding this, as he has funded the rest of it, via crowd sourcing.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/brexitjusticeprosecution

He has already raised £75,000 this time around which would be enough to lodge the papers but he needs enough to show they have the resources to see it through. If I win the lottery I would be backing all of it as I think this is a very important prosecution and may just may stop they lying b********* get away with it.

btw this is timco signed into the wrong damn account again it is all Googles fault!
Thanked by: blythburgh

gle1975

Post by gle1975 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:41 pm

Remain campaign lied too.

timco

Post by timco » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:19 pm

gle1975 wrote:Remain campaign lied too.
Did they? Or did they make predictions?

You need to learn the difference between lying and just being plain wrong.

If you stand up and say something you believe to be the case you may be right you may be wrong you may be deluded but this is not lying.

If you stand up and repeatedly repeat something you know to be a untrue as something true and insist that it is true despite your knowledge to the contrary this is lying,

Boris stood up and said several times we give £350m to the EU he knew this was untrue, he was told several times that this was untrue which was unnecessary because he always knew it was wrong but he continued to offer it as the truth, this is a lie and the lie at the centre of this case.

No one is saying you can't make predictions and be wrong it is simply the deliberate deception for gain. This in any other path of business and life would be fraud and so should the case be in public life.

You have to divorce this from the result it has nothing to do with stopping the country being destroyed by the privileged few who want it for their own financial gain. This is not connected to that this is purely about what standards do we want and expect from our public representatives and it just happens that Boris is the only one they think can be proven to have lied rather than having just been a fool.
Thanked by: blythburgh, dustie

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:52 am

ukrussian wrote:
btw this is timco signed into the wrong damn account again it is all Googles fault!
So now we know who timco's better half is ;)
Thanked by: expressman33, dustie
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:51 pm

blythburgh wrote:
ukrussian wrote:
or his cat's name ;)
Thanked by: dustie, kevinchess1, blythburgh

timco

Post by timco » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:10 pm

blythburgh wrote:
ukrussian wrote:
I thought that was already widely known!
Thanked by: blythburgh, dustie

kevinchess1
Sharing: 3stars.png

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:25 pm

Strange how some posters twist the facts to suit their arguments
I don't ever remember any Remoaner starting their argument with 'It's my prediction...'
They were all pretty adamant that everything was going to be awful for everyone and, guess what> didnt happen
Their Doom and gloom scenarios about the collapse in the stock market, house prices and employment were all woefully wrong to be of utter embarrassment to any other ordinary person
Of course the Die hard Remoaners will keep saying 'Any second now it's all going to be awful! We're all still waiting

timco wrote: You have to divorce this from the result it has nothing to do with stopping the country being destroyed by the privileged few

I couldn't agree with you more
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1
Sharing: 3stars.png

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:42 am

Back on topic
I'd like to think that no one believes anything a politician says ever
Best way
But if you did rule that they have to tell the truth then they would start.end every comment with 'In my opinion' or similar
Politically incorrect since 69