We are going to sleep in the same bedlinen for a fortnight

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

We are going to sleep in the same bedlinen for a fortnight

Post by blythburgh » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:29 am

No, not being lazy or a bad housewife. We have booked a holiday cottage for a fortnight and yesterday was changeover day if we had booked a week. No cleaner arrived to change the bedlinen. Yes, of course, we ccould do it ourselves but it is impossible to change bedlined when there is no change of bedlinen in the house.

Add this to the promised welcome pack which was chocolate cake on the table. Usually we get milk in the fridge plus tea, coffee and sugar in the property so you can have a refreshing drink after your trip from home. There are tea bags here but the coffee we had brought with us. The milk and and sugar (for 'im indoors) meant a trip to Budgens in the town before we could settle dow to a longed for cuppa.

The review I will leave online will not please the owners but it will be an honest one.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Re: We are going to sleep in the same bedlinen for a fortnight

Post by pabenny » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:54 pm

blythburgh wrote:The review I will leave online will not please the owners but it will be an honest one.
Or you could contact the owner first.

I've seen so many negative feedbacks on eBay where the seller has responded that the buyer hadn't contacted them.

Perhaps the person responsible for these things hasn't done their job and the owner doesn't know. Or some other good explanation.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Chadwick

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:42 am

pabenny wrote:
blythburgh wrote:The review I will leave online will not please the owners but it will be an honest one.
Or you could contact the owner first.

I've seen so many negative feedbacks on eBay where the seller has responded that the buyer hadn't contacted them.

Perhaps the person responsible for these things hasn't done their job and the owner doesn't know. Or some other good explanation.
Think that is a good idea but the uncomfortable sofas will mean we will never return. Such a soft squishy base not good for people with back conditions. And will cause back and hip problems for those who sit in it every day. You do not feel it but the troubles build up and you end up a younger hip replacement victim. Same as all these chairs which slope backwards, so very bad for the hips and spine according to an orthopaedic surgeon I once heard on the radio. I knew that as I already had arthritis of the spine (lifting people not chairs was the cause) and if the seat is not level or higher at the back than the front I quickly start to feel pain in the back.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:44 am

I havve often heard it should be weekly and that is what I think should be the norm

macliam

Post by macliam » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:46 pm

We have just booked a stay in rural Portugal over the Xmas period - we stayed there for a long weekend a year ago and each day they asked if a change of linen or towels was required......

It's a one-bed apartment with home-made breakfast included, 20-minutes from the airport and Algarve coast. Our dogs can sleep in the lounge or on the terrace (no charge) and it has a kitchen, free wifi and satellite TV for those days we don't want to go anywhere (I doubt we'll get to use the swimming pool!) . At £350 for 8 days it's better than staying at home!!
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:37 pm

blythburgh wrote:Think that is a good idea but ... we will never return.
That's irrelevant. If something is amiss, complain to someone who might be able to fix it. Don't just moan
Thanked by: Chadwick, blythburgh

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Pabenny's right.

If you contact the owners/managers, they might come and change the sheets and your problem is solved.
If you would rather put up with it so you can complain afterwards, then have a think about your motivation.
Thanked by: pabenny, blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:18 am

The reason we will not return is the sofas. Most will be ok with them but not anyone with a back condition.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:37 am

The sofas and the bedlinen are separate matters.

Compare online purchases that arrive damaged or faulty with just finding that you don't like the colour or it doesn't fit. One is grounds for complaint; the other is just a mistake or misfortune.

If I was the owner of this property, I would be a little annoyed if bad rating because you disliked the sofas. I would be much more annoyed if you gave a bad rating for the bedlinen without giving me the opportunity to rectify it.