We are going to sleep in the same bedlinen for a fortnight

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
Chadwick

Re: We are going to sleep in the same bedlinen for a fortnight

Post by Chadwick » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:50 am

blythburgh wrote:The reason we will not return is the sofas. Most will be ok with them but not anyone with a back condition.
Fair enough.
I thought we were talking about the bed linen.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Just unhappy about the things that most people would consider normal, we usually find a change of bedlined in a wardrobe. (Talking of which I am eternally grateful not to have to wake up to a grey painted wardrobe every night :lol:)

Would not complain the lavatory is too low (it is for me but most people do not have my dodgy knees), same as the bed, not soft enough for my legs, most people do not need memory foam mattresses but I do. Those I can wish were different but would never expect them to be. Holiday homes should be fitted out for the many not the few awkward ones like me.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:43 pm

So are you going to contact the owner/manager about the bedlinen?
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:35 pm

I will send them an email with my lists of complaints when I have the time. In the meantime I need to write the holiday postcards. sigh big sigh :lol:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:06 am

In other words, no.

If you had contacted the owner about the bedlinen instead of posting it here, you would might well have had crisp clean sheets several days ago.

As it is, you've nursed your grievances, the owner will have no chance to address your complaints and everyone will be unhappy. Result.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:09 am

blythburgh wrote:I will send them an email with my lists of complaints when I have the time. In the meantime I need to write the holiday postcards. sigh big sigh :lol:
Phone them now.
If you're happy to sleep in the same sheets then you don't have a complaint, and there's no point sending an email later.
Thanked by: pabenny

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:32 am

I will send an email when we get home saying what we were unhappy about. Want to be out and about when it suits us, do not want someone coming in whilst we are out.

But what I dislike about the house is the colour scheme, white walls, white bedlinen, white painted chest of drawers in second room. Sofas and Bedside lamps chocolate brown, Blinds shades of beige or grey. Dining set wooden top with rest painted grey. Main bedroom had wardrobe and chest of drawers painted same shade of grey. Prints in bedrooms so pale washed out hardly describes them. Wet room is shades of beige. Everything is beige and grey apart from a silver vase of artificial poppies in the lounge diner, and a wall art thing of poppies. The flowers are a very dark red, the wall art is shades of beige with even darker red poppies.

WIll love being at home where we actually have colour in the rooms. I am middle class in lots of ways but when it comes to colour I am like the upper and working class and love colour in my home and garden. Hate the muted colours of the middle class especially beige.

But to each their own.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Isn’t it annoying when someone comes along with a compliant or problem, and then when they’re offered a solution just introduces another, unrelated problem – rather than responding to the advice.
Thanked by: Chadwick, RonFlorabud, xrppzi

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:44 pm

blythburgh wrote:I will send an email when we get home saying what we were unhappy about. Want to be out and about when it suits us, do not want someone coming in whilst we are out.

But what I dislike about the house is the colour scheme, white walls, white bedlinen, white painted chest of drawers in second room. Sofas and Bedside lamps chocolate brown, Blinds shades of beige or grey. Dining set wooden top with rest painted grey. Main bedroom had wardrobe and chest of drawers painted same shade of grey. Prints in bedrooms so pale washed out hardly describes them. Wet room is shades of beige. Everything is beige and grey apart from a silver vase of artificial poppies in the lounge diner, and a wall art thing of poppies. The flowers are a very dark red, the wall art is shades of beige with even darker red poppies.

WIll love being at home where we actually have colour in the rooms. I am middle class in lots of ways but when it comes to colour I am like the upper and working class and love colour in my home and garden. Hate the muted colours of the middle class especially beige.

But to each their own.
Sounds like you need to do more research before the next time!
Thanked by: Chadwick
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:06 pm

blythburgh wrote:I will send an email when we get home saying what we were unhappy about. Want to be out and about when it suits us, do not want someone coming in whilst we are out.
a) Have you ever stayed in a hotel?
b) How did you expect them to change the bed linen?

blythburgh wrote:But what I dislike about the house is the colour scheme, white walls, white bedlinen, white painted chest of drawers in second room. Sofas and Bedside lamps chocolate brown, Blinds shades of beige or grey. Dining set wooden top with rest painted grey. Main bedroom had wardrobe and chest of drawers painted same shade of grey. Prints in bedrooms so pale washed out hardly describes them. Wet room is shades of beige. Everything is beige and grey apart from a silver vase of artificial poppies in the lounge diner, and a wall art thing of poppies. The flowers are a very dark red, the wall art is shades of beige with even darker red poppies.
It sounds like a very contemporary and fashionable colour scheme. Grey, in varying shades, complemented with wood is very popular right now. White walls is standard nowadays, not magnolia.
Were there no pictures before you booked?

I agree with a lot of what you post in this forum, but on this occasion I think you're being unreasonable. You don't want to tell them about an uncomfortable bed, toilet and sofa, but you are going to complain about no linen change (that you could have requested easily) and the décor (that you could have checked online beforehand). I suspect they will laugh at your email and send you a polite 'thanks for the feedback'. If you were to write a public review of this nature I would laugh at it myself and wonder if some people are ever satisfied.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud