Strange food...

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
William Joseph1
Posts: 11485
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2657 times
Been thanked: 6824 times
Contact:

Re: Strange food...

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:42 pm

expressman33 wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:I had never heard of Snopes.
Snopes.com | The definitive fact-checking site and reference source ...
https://www.snopes.com/
Yes google told me that.
Thanked by: blythburgh
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

blythburgh
Posts: 14676
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30713 times
Been thanked: 5957 times
Contact:

Re: Strange food...

Post by blythburgh » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:34 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
expressman33 wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:I had never heard of Snopes.
Snopes.com | The definitive fact-checking site and reference source ...
https://www.snopes.com/
Yes google told me that.
And Google fed me lies about Natwest banks. I found out one locally that was marked open. Oddly the phone number listed was no longer in service and I had to redial to the new number. When I eventually got to speak to a human being he confirmed the local branch was closed and but another one a few miles away was still open.

Spent ages on the phone waiting for a human being as they were experiencing abnormally high number of calls. Then I joined the queue in the actual bank only to wait ages as only 2 on duty and one of those windows closed whilst there was a change over of staff. My back cannot abide me standing around so it was a not so much a pain in the proverbial but a pain in the lower back :thumbdown:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny
Posts: 1412
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 471 times
Been thanked: 1505 times
Contact:

Re: Strange food...

Post by pabenny » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:02 am

William Joseph1 wrote:... blythburgh throwing in a load of ... nonsense.
Or launching off on a subject with only the slenderest of connection to the topic under discussion.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Chadwick
Posts: 1652
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 801 times
Been thanked: 2097 times
Contact:

Re: Strange food...

Post by Chadwick » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:07 am

pabenny wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:... blythburgh throwing in a load of ... nonsense.
Or launching off on a subject with only the slenderest of connection to the topic under discussion.
I quite enjoy blythburgh's random tales. I'm slowly building up a picture of life in rural Suffolk. It's a bit likeCider With Laurie.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 14676
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30713 times
Been thanked: 5957 times
Contact:

Re: Strange food...

Post by blythburgh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:36 am

pabenny wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:... blythburgh throwing in a load of ... nonsense.
Or launching off on a subject with only the slenderest of connection to the topic under discussion.
I admit I have a tendancy here and in person to go off on a tandem.

But at least I can laugh at some of Boro Boy's post, I can agree with some of them, disagree violently with some. But at least he does bring life to the forum
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1412 times
Been thanked: 7130 times
Contact:

Re: Strange food...

Post by macliam » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:07 pm

blythburgh wrote:I admit I have a tendancy here and in person to go off on a tandem.

But at least I can laugh at some of Boro Boy's post, I can agree with some of them, disagree violently with some. But at least he does bring life to the forum
On a tandem and at a tangent? :mrgreen:

I hear what you say about some posts, but that sounds like suggesting we shouldn't cure malaria because then the mossies wouldn't have anything to do........ ;)
Thanked by: pabenny, blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Chadwick
Posts: 1652
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 801 times
Been thanked: 2097 times
Contact:

Re: Strange food...

Post by Chadwick » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:09 pm

Perhaps its best that Boro Boy airs his curious views and side-of-a-bus facts here, and they can be challenged before he tries to spread them further in the real world.

Boro Boy
Posts: 4018
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1030 times
Been thanked: 2158 times
Contact:

Re: Strange food...

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:41 pm

pabenny wrote:The English language offers plenty of scope for double entendres; foreign words and usage provide further opportunities. Most of them are more amusing than this one.

I'm not sure whether drawing attention to this is merely puerile or whether it is mild racism dressed up as humour.

I should have guessed that olde British tradition of attempting to be holier than thou and knocking everyone and suggesting any comment is racialist in the hopes that will put them down even further and raise yourself to an untouchable whiter than white position - all alive and kicking here! A triumph of the British language...!!! :clap:

blythburgh
Posts: 14676
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30713 times
Been thanked: 5957 times
Contact:

Re: Strange food...

Post by blythburgh » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:47 am

macliam wrote:
blythburgh wrote:I admit I have a tendancy here and in person to go off on a tandem.

But at least I can laugh at some of Boro Boy's post, I can agree with some of them, disagree violently with some. But at least he does bring life to the forum
On a tandem and at a tangent? :mrgreen:

I hear what you say about some posts, but that sounds like suggesting we shouldn't cure malaria because then the mossies wouldn't have anything to do........ ;)
Memo to self do not post unless fully awake :oops: :oops: :oops:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest