Momentous news or just happy news?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Momentous news or just happy news?

Post by blythburgh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 am

According to the Beeb's Royal Reporter the momentous news is that (Meghan) Duchess of Sussex is pregnant.

Great news for the parents to be and their families. But hardly momentous. The child will be 7th in line to the throne (I think) so hardly going to ever be a monarch and probably be like all of the other Royal Great grandchildren, apart from Prince George and his siblings, members of the extended Royal Family but not working in the family business earning money in the real world.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Re: Momentous news or just happy news?

Post by macliam » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:02 am

blythburgh wrote:According to the Beeb's Royal Reporter the momentous news is that (Meghan) Duchess of Sussex is pregnant.

Great news for the parents to be and their families. But hardly momentous. The child will be 7th in line to the throne (I think) so hardly going to ever be a monarch and probably be like all of the other Royal Great grandchildren, apart from Prince George and his siblings, members of the extended Royal Family but not working in the family business earning money in the real world.
.......just having expenses paid by the public purse and forced to live rent-free in grace and favour accommodation, poor dears.
Thanked by: emsky
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Not really newsworthy enough to be chronicled in the annals of imutual. Cant you find something a bit more newsworthy. The BBC has more than enough about it already.
Thanked by: pabenny, Dream on
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

pakefield

Post by pakefield » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Hopefully we will become a Republic then it will not be newsworthy

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:22 pm

pakefield wrote:Hopefully we will become a Republic then it will not be newsworthy
living dangerously? :D

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:00 am

macliam wrote:
pakefield wrote:Hopefully we will become a Republic then it will not be newsworthy
living dangerously? :D
We disagree totally about this but respect each others views (well most of the time :lol: )
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:02 am

Woman's Hour had a piece about raising a mixed race child this morning. Apparently driven by social media comments as to colour of latest "Royal" baby to be. I am like the person who contacted the site, not occurred to me to wonder about colour. And we will find out when it is born and cannot help but feel some people need to get a life.
Thanked by: Dream on

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:10 am

blythburgh wrote:Woman's Hour had a piece about raising a mixed race child this morning. Apparently driven by social media comments as to colour of latest "Royal" baby to be. I am like the person who contacted the site, not occurred to me to wonder about colour. And we will find out when it is born and cannot help but feel some people need to get a life.
In the same way I neither care or am interested in the name. Despite press speculation. The sex needs to be decided before a name can be discussed. Why am I even discussing this rubbish? Shut up Blythburgh. You just make the whole thing worse and propagate the whole load of flannel.
Thanked by: Dream on, blythburgh, pabenny
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:51 am

Sorry, I look forward to knowing the name when it is announced but no more than finding out the name of the baby of someone I know very vauguely

Now I actually think about it, a child that has an obvious colour instead of a red headed white one has to be good for the family and the countr. We are not a white country, but one of many colours so a Royal family that reflects that has to be good. Glad Harry fell in love with a mixed race person. It was a long time before I realised Meghan was not pure white. Same way it came as a shock to me last week to find out Ryan Giggs was mixed race. Somehow I see people without checking how "white" they look.

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Unsurprisingly, I couldn't care less. It's all bread and circuses to keep the masses in place.