9 Millionth Tranny comp

Compers corner - you've got to be in'em to win'em
expressman33

Re: 9 Millionth Tranny comp

Post by expressman33 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:58 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:Mon Sep 24th was the last time anyone picked a date on this. Ridiculous to start it so early. Should have been short and sharp. Very hard and boring to generate any interest when it just sits in the background for so long. If anyone does want to have a go at guessing a date, plenty of time. At least another three months before it is likely.

Just my opinion!
If you start too close to the expected date it would be too easy to work out the date
Thanked by: Boro Boy

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:24 pm

expressman33 wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:Mon Sep 24th was the last time anyone picked a date on this. Ridiculous to start it so early. Should have been short and sharp. Very hard and boring to generate any interest when it just sits in the background for so long. If anyone does want to have a go at guessing a date, plenty of time. At least another three months before it is likely.

Just my opinion!
If you start too close to the expected date it would be too easy to work out the date
I do not disagree. But 5-6 months is a bit extreme.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:17 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
expressman33 wrote:

Just my opinion!
I do not disagree. But 5-6 months is a bit extreme.

Perhaps competitions like this could have a later start (nearer the target date) but this may require a cut off date of a month or so before the anticipated target date; that way there will not be a last minute final rush of votes an week or two before the winning date...? So votes only accepted in, say, a two month window, so a last date you can vote/guess the target date... :geek:

Just a suggestion.... Either way kevinchess1 is doing a great job!

Dates still available:

January 2019
1 2 3 4 7 9
10 11 12 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

February 2019
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9
11 13 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

March 2019
1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Boro Boy wrote:Perhaps competitions like this could have a later start (nearer the target date) but this may require a cut off date of a month or so before the anticipated target date; that way there will not be a last minute final rush of votes an week or two before the winning date...? So votes only accepted in, say, a two month window, so a last date you can vote/guess the target date... :geek:

No one was suggesting that kevinchess1 was not doing a great job so I am not sure why you felt the need to mention it. it was because you were pestering him so much that the competition was started so early. I see no point in having a cut off date apart from the natural date of the numbered transaction being picked, after all once a date is picked it cannot be picked again. I also see no problem with a rush of dates being claimed nearer the end of the competition.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:41 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:Perhaps competitions like this could have a later start (nearer the target date) but this may require a cut off date of a month or so before the anticipated target date; that way there will not be a last minute final rush of votes an week or two before the winning date...? So votes only accepted in, say, a two month window, so a last date you can vote/guess the target date... :geek:

No one was suggesting that kevinchess1 was not doing a great job so I am not sure why you felt the need to mention it. it was because you were pestering him so much that the competition was started so early. I see no point in having a cut off date apart from the natural date of the numbered transaction being picked, after all once a date is picked it cannot be picked again. I also see no problem with a rush of dates being claimed nearer the end of the competition.
Could you please point out where I pestered anybody about the "9 Million Tranny comp" ???? :wtf: If not please desist in this constant personal abuse and false news!!! :wave:

PS: I said kevinchess1 is doing a great job because he is doing a great job! Simples!!

kevinchess1
Sharing: 3stars.png

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:07 am

Boro Boy wrote:

Perhaps competitions like this could have a later start (nearer the target date) but this may require a cut off date of a month or so before the anticipated target date; that way there will not be a last minute final rush of votes an week or two before the winning date...? So votes only accepted in, say, a two month window, so a last date you can vote/guess the target date... :geek:

Yes but the problem with that is there's a chance the date wont get pick at all

As for the other comment about starting early
Comp started late September and first choice is Jan
So less that 3 months
Thanked by: Boro Boy, blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:24 am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

Yes but the problem with that is there's a chance the date wont get pick at all

As for the other comment about starting early
Comp started late September and first choice is Jan
So less that 3 months

..makes sense... :think:

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 am

8,437,990 today

Not even half way there yet. Still no entries after 24th September.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:33 am

William Joseph1 wrote:8,437,990 today

Not even half way there yet. Still no entries after 24th September.
Just to please you I will make a fake new account and post on here as Suffolk then pick a date. Or maybe I have better things to do with my time :lol:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:44 am

LOL, But please do not create a fake account, I would hate to see you banned.
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1